AnsweredAssumed Answered

SendMail script step messsage ID error

Question asked by JonJ on Apr 22, 2010
Latest reply on Apr 26, 2010 by TSGal

Summary

SendMail script step messsage ID error

Description of the issue

FileMaker Product(s) involved:FileMaker Pro 11.0v1, FileMaker Server 11.0.1.95 Operating System(s) involved:Mac 10.6.3Windows XP, Vista, 7Detailed description of the issue:SendMail script step using an SMTP server.  Whether run from client (Mac or Windows) or as a serverside script (Mac or WIndows), the e-mail message header is malformed.  I have tried MS Exchange, SmarterMail, and SendMail as my SMTP service.In the e-mail’s header, the Message ID, according to RFC 2822 (http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2822.html), needs to have the format “Message-ID: ”The sendmail script steps gives it the format “Message-ID: ”This means the many spam filters (e.g. Barracuda), catch the message as suspicious.  If it gets though the spam filters, the junk-mail filters built into Outlook and livemail catch the message.  Expected Result:A properly formatted mail is sentActual Result:An improperly properly formatted mail is sent. Exact text of any error message(s) that appeared:N/AAny workarounds that you have found:Using another product – e.g. PHPmailer.I reported this bug in FM10.  It has not been fixed in FM11

Outcomes