1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 26, 2010 7:58 AM by TSGal

SendMail script step messsage ID error

JonJ

Summary

SendMail script step messsage ID error

Description of the issue

FileMaker Product(s) involved:FileMaker Pro 11.0v1, FileMaker Server 11.0.1.95 Operating System(s) involved:Mac 10.6.3Windows XP, Vista, 7Detailed description of the issue:SendMail script step using an SMTP server.  Whether run from client (Mac or Windows) or as a serverside script (Mac or WIndows), the e-mail message header is malformed.  I have tried MS Exchange, SmarterMail, and SendMail as my SMTP service.In the e-mail’s header, the Message ID, according to RFC 2822 (http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2822.html), needs to have the format “Message-ID: ”The sendmail script steps gives it the format “Message-ID: ”This means the many spam filters (e.g. Barracuda), catch the message as suspicious.  If it gets though the spam filters, the junk-mail filters built into Outlook and livemail catch the message.  Expected Result:A properly formatted mail is sentActual Result:An improperly properly formatted mail is sent. Exact text of any error message(s) that appeared:N/AAny workarounds that you have found:Using another product – e.g. PHPmailer.I reported this bug in FM10.  It has not been fixed in FM11