1 2 Previous Next 26 Replies Latest reply on Mar 31, 2011 7:15 AM by topeog

Server 10 Advanced Web Publishing just Stops

TSL

Summary

Server 10 Advanced Web Publishing just Stops

Description of the issue

Server 10 Advanced Web Publishing just Stops - It happens about once a day. Please - any help would be appreciated Running on Mac Pro - 10.5.6 Leopard OS (Not Server) 7 Gb Ram Server Version 10.0.1.64 Web Publishing crashed again on the FM server. When I restart Web Publishing it's OK now. Here's what the log file captured: [Mon Mar 02 17:19:59 2009]wpc 10.0.0.12 0.179127 [Mon Mar 02 17:19:59 2009]wpc 10.0.0.12 0.042601 [Mon Mar 02 17:19:59 2009]wpc 10.0.0.12 0.043682 [Mon Mar 02 17:20:19 2009]wpc 10.0.0.12 0.090148 [Mon Mar 02 17:20:23 2009][30222:0000] [error] ajp_get_reply::jk_ajp_common.c (1618): (wpc2) Tomcat is down or network problems. Part of the response has already been sent to the client [Mon Mar 02 17:20:23 2009][30222:0000] [error] ajp_service::jk_ajp_common.c (1953): (wpc2) Connecting to tomcat failed. Tomcat is probably not started or is listening on the wrong port [Mon Mar 02 17:20:23 2009][30222:0000] [error] ajp_service::jk_ajp_common.c (1953): (wpc1) Connecting to tomcat failed. Tomcat is probably not started or is listening on the wrong port 

• 1. Re: Server 10 Advanced Web Publishing just Stops
          TSGal

TSL:

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately, the limited log file does not give me enough information.  Could you please send the entire log?  I have sent you a private message (top of this screen - right side - X Messages) with instructions where to send the log files.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: Server 10 Advanced Web Publishing just Stops
            alsteck

I having exactly this same problem.  The error message reads:

[0341:0000] [error] ajp_service::jk_ajp_common.c (1953): (wpc1) Connecting to tomcat failed. Tomcat is probably not started or is listening on the wrong port

Was there a resolution to this problem? 

• 3. Re: Server 10 Advanced Web Publishing just Stops
              rzaz

Hi!

Any followup with this problem?

I have the same with FMSA9 on Leopard Mac. 

My log looked like this:

[Tue Jun 16 15:10:27 2009]wpc localhost 0.068561
              [Tue Jun 16 15:10:27 2009]wpc localhost 0.102311
              [Tue Jun 16 15:10:31 2009][76049:0000] [error] ajp_get_reply::jk_ajp_common.c (1592): (wpc1) Tomcat is down or refused connection. No response has been sent to the client (yet)
              [Tue Jun 16 15:10:31 2009][75561:0000] [error] ajp_get_reply::jk_ajp_common.c (1592): (wpc2) Tomcat is down or refused connection. No response has been sent to the client (yet)
              [Tue Jun 16 15:10:31 2009][76049:0000] [error] ajp_connection_tcp_send_message::jk_ajp_common.c (918): sendfull returned -32 (errno=32)
              [Tue Jun 16 15:10:31 2009][76049:0000] [error] ajp_service::jk_ajp_common.c (1953): (wpc1) Connecting to tomcat failed. Tomcat is probably not started or is listening on the wrong port
              [Tue Jun 16 15:10:31 2009][76049:0000] [error] ajp_service::jk_ajp_common.c (1953): (wpc2) Connecting to tomcat failed. Tomcat is probably not started or is listening on the wrong port
              [Tue Jun 16 15:10:31 2009]wpc localhost 4.000908

All the best,

Wojtek

• 4. Re: Server 10 Advanced Web Publishing just Stops
                osm
                   We also have experienced this bug.  We look forward to seeing an updated product released with this bug fixed in the near future, as our business in particular has been seriously affected by the instability of the FileMaker Web Publishing Engine.
                • 5. Re: Server 10 Advanced Web Publishing just Stops
                  rzaz

Hello!

Just wondering if anything changed, maybe FileMaker traced the problem? Any chance for a healing update? I have to reboot the server every day because of that bug.

All the best,

Wojtek

• 6. Re: Server 10 Advanced Web Publishing just Stops
                    TSGal

rzaz:

Our testers were able to duplicate the problem once back in March, but no additional information is available at this time.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.   

• 7. Re: Server 10 Advanced Web Publishing just Stops
                      rzaz

Thanks,

Not sure if I got it. Your testers were able to reproduce the situation, but no cure? Maybe there is something I can do? Provide more info, check other logs etc. If there is anything I can do to help you... ok - me, please let me know. I see there are more users with this Tomcat problem. I'm affraid that it happens in situation when the traffic on the website is high. I didn't look so deeply, but I remember that it happened once when I was looking in the admin panel and there were 22 database sessions at the same time which is alot for a FileMaker Serve. Maybe this info will help...

Regards,

Wojtek

• 8. Re: Server 10 Advanced Web Publishing just Stops
                        TSGal

rzaz:

Yes, you can definitely help.  If possible, our testers would like to see your log files.  I have sent you a private message (top of this page - right side - X Messages) with instructions where to send these files.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 9. Re: Server 10 Advanced Web Publishing just Stops
                          DanielOuimet

Server 10 Advanced on MacOS X 10.5 was working fine until we put the new V2 update.  Then the web publishing engine did not restart.

We had to start it manually with the Admin Console tool.

Then we reboot the computer just to see if it happens again.  Twice we rebooted with the web publishing not working automatically.

The third time, it started automatically.

We did not pursue, we figured that we have to start it by hand!  That is real bad!

Before V2, worked fine except one day it crashed for no reason, we had to reboot twice (looks like the same problem!)

Daniel Ouimet 

• 10. Re: Server 10 Advanced Web Publishing just Stops
                            TSGal

DanielOuimet:

Thank you for your post.

Even though it is now working, this definitely concerns me.  You should not have to reboot twice!  If you should run into any further difficulties, please let me know.

TSGal

Filemaker, Inc. 

• 11. Re: Server 10 Advanced Web Publishing just Stops
                              TSGal

All:

Although our Testing department was able to duplicate the problem many months ago, they have been unable to duplicate it since then.  I know several of you have sent in log files, but our Testing department wants to step up this effort and has requested that I obtain the solution files so they can better emulate the testing environment.

I have sent many of you a private message (top of this page - right side - X Messages) with instructions where to send your solution files.  If you are concerned about confidentiality, then send clones of your solutions, and provide the number of records in each table so we can closely replicate your environment.

Any additional information regarding your OS, memory, etc., along with when you notice the problem would be appreciated.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 12. Re: Server 10 Advanced Web Publishing just Stops
                                AndyWalz
                                   We just experienced this issue for the first time today. We are running FMSA 10.0.1.64 on a new Mac OS X 10.5.7 box with 2.66 Ghz Quad-Core Processor and 6 GB RAM. Restarting the machine fixed the problem right away but I'm now very nervous it will happen again. Please let me know if I can help by providing more info as others have or if there has been any new strides towards a resolution. Thanks.
                                • 13. Re: Server 10 Advanced Web Publishing just Stops
                                  TSGal

AndyWalz:

Thank you for your post.

As you have read from previous posts, we still do not know what causes this problem.  If possible, we would like to see your database solution file(s) and log files; especially from the the day this occurred.  I have sent you a private message (top of this page - right side - X Messages) with instructions where to send the files.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 14. Re: Server 10 Advanced Web Publishing just Stops
                                    TSGal

AndyWalz:

I received your files.  Thank you.

I have forwarded them to our Development and Software Quality Assurance (Testing) departments for review.  When I receive any update on this issue, I will notify everyone.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

1 2 Previous Next