Server 12 backup aborted due to remote container copy error
Operating system version
Windows Server 2008 RC2 Standard SP1
Description of the issue
I'm using the FM12 remote container (RC's) feature in a solution that consists of 5 files. 1 file is the main file containing 95% of the infrastructure and there are 4 other ancillary files. I have a daily scheduled backup that backs up all 5 files and recently noticed the main file was not included in the backup.
Upon investigation I found out the issue was the backup was aborting due to a remote storage error; some of the files could not be backed up (copied). The error is contained in the email sent by the server.
Steps to reproduce the problem
Create a backup schedule which contains my all my files and run it.
- Backup of FileMaker files completes even if RC's can't be copied. Why does the backup of the FileMaker file stop if the RC's can't be copied?
- Schedule Status to NOT say OK if it didn't work.
- Some explanation telling me why the RC's couldn't be copied if they fail
- Backup of FileMaker file aborted
- Status of backup says "OK" - it's not - it didn't work.
Exact text of any error message(s) that appear
2012-12-28 16:00:09.504 +1100 Error 766 SG FMSv12 Backup of "< When I create a schedule backup with JUST this main file included I get the same error but the FileMaker file IS backed up. Why does the file fail to backup when it's part of a set but work when it's on its own?
When I create a schedule backup with JUST this main file included I get the same error but the FileMaker file IS backed up. Why does the file fail to backup when it's part of a set but work when it's on its own?