Summary

Server Log Viewer - Start Date

Product

FileMaker Server

Version

Operating system version

Win 2008 R2 Standard

Description of the issue

As part of a long thread that covered multiple issues in October, 2010 , I'd mentioned that the furthest back it will let me go for a start date on the server Log Viewer is 9/20/10.  I don't think there was a confirmation of my issue at that time.

Now I am on a different server and it won't let me go any earlier than 6/29/2011.  Not very long ago.  Seems random.  Yet reproducible on multiple servers.

Whatever date that I select from the calendar just reverts to 6/29/2011 in the field (and of course the field does not allow manual editing).

• 1. Re: Server Log Viewer - Start Date
          TSGal

howards:

Thank you for your post.

On one of our servers, I set it to start at 12/1/2008, and the earliest date displayed is 6/30/2011.  If i open the log file directly, I confirmed that the earliest date is 6/30/2011.  Is it possible the earliest date in your log file is 6/29/2011?

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Server Log Viewer - Start Date
            hschlossberg

I assume we are talking here about the Windows Application Events.  If so, then no;  that log goes back into 2010.  I was able to find the log entries I needed (for late May) in the Windows event log.

• 3. Re: Server Log Viewer - Start Date
              hschlossberg

AND -- on a totally different server (that I hadn't even tested yesterday), it limits me today to a starting date of 6/30/2011 -- a day later than it allowed me yesterday.

• 4. Re: Server Log Viewer - Start Date
                TSGal

howards:

Going to another machine, I am able to replicate the problem. It appears you cannot set the Start Date earlier than 15 days before the current date.  You can set the ending date to anything, and even if the Ending Date precedes the Starting Date, the Starting Date still cannot be set to less than 15 days before the current date.

I have sent your post along with my findings to our Development and Testing departments for further review.

In the mean time, I would temporarily set your date clock back to late May and then view the log.  Or, just look at the Event.log file directly.

TSGal
                FileMaker, Inc.