AnsweredAssumed Answered

Server Runs "Perform on Open" Script

Question asked by philmodjunk on Mar 20, 2009
Latest reply on Mar 30, 2009 by philmodjunk

Summary

Server Runs "Perform on Open" Script

Description of the issue

FMS 10 on Windows Server 2003, sp2 I'm not sure if this is a bug or simply behavior I didn't expect. After getting a series of errors logged after test running a schedule set to perform a Filemaker Script, I did some experimenting. I created a simple script that modified a few fields that I could easily examine to confirm whether the script ran correctly.In File options, this file is set to run a script called "Log In" when the file is opened. The test script does not refer to "Log In" in any way.I created a schedule in FMS to run the test script.I ran the schedule and examined the log.I found the following error: Schedule "server test" scripting error (4) at "filename : Log In : Open File".I then used File Options to deselect "Log In" as a Perform on open script and repeated the above test.No errors were found in the log. Apparently, server triggers any script set to Perform on Open automatically. Is this expected behavior? As far as I know there is no way to detect that the script is being performed by server instead of a client. Therefore, if this is expected behavior, it severely limits my ability to use server to schedule a script.

Outcomes