3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 26, 2013 2:15 PM by Fred(CH)

Server Scheduled Scripts cannot access files

ZoXo

Summary

Server Scheduled Scripts cannot access files

Product

FileMaker Server

Version

Operating system version

Mac 10.7.5

Description of the issue

Cannot create a schedule via the server console to run a FileMaker script

Steps to reproduce the problem

Attempt to create a new schedule.  Everything is OK until I attempt to enter which database and the login credentials to allow access.

Expected result

Schedule is created using the selected script.

Actual result

Schedule Assistant dialog window pops up.
      'No scripts are available for the specified account.'

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

No scripts are available for the specified account.

Configuration information

no

Workaround

none

• 1. Re: Server Scheduled Scripts cannot access files
          philmodjunk

What account name are you using when you "specify credentials"? Is this a Full Access acount?

Are you controlling access to the system solely with FileMaker accounts or are you using a server side authentication method?

• 2. Re: Server Scheduled Scripts cannot access files
            ZoXo

Full access account, FileMaker accounts only.

• 3. Re: Server Scheduled Scripts cannot access files
              Fred(CH)
              Hi ZoXo, i feel strange : i red your post and immediately tested. I tested with the FMServer_Sample base with Admin account (no password) and i received the same message than you. Then, i tried again, retyping the account name or/and tried another database and now, it works with both FMServer_Sample and all the others databases that i have. Maybe is there a little "versatile" bug ? I am not sure, but with the various problems we had with Java and their many updates and the difficult Apple support of... Are you really up to date with the both Apple and Oracle Java updates ? After passing all, i recommand you to erase Java cache : System Preferences > Java control Panel > General Tab > Settings... button > Delete files. Then you must to download the jar file form FMServer. And see... ANOTHER IDEA : what about your files names ? Because i stated many problems with special characters (in french we have a lot of accents) and encountered many issues with. Fred PS : Because we are on a FM site and not on a ORACLE site, can i tell what i am thinking of Java ? Oh pretty please.... ;-)