Summary

setting up a layout for a member directory

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

WP Home

Description of the issue

I am having major trouble trying to set up a layout in landscape mode on 8-1/2" x 11" which includes the contact information for 120 members of an organization so that it comes out as 10 members/page with 5 on each half of the page.  I have reproduced below the current fields in the layout in the box below (I am new to Filemaker so I couldn't figure out how to send a copy of the layout to you.  In a column adjacent to the fields on the far L I had additional fields for telephone number, telephone 2 & cell phone.  At the top R there is a field for Year Joined but that doesn't show up in its proper position in the issue report I am about to post either. Thanks for any help - I am totally frustrated after spending many hours trying to sort this out.

Steps to reproduce the problem

Name                                               Year Joined
      Street Address                         Telephone
      City, State    Zip                     Telephone 2 
      Email Address                          Cell Phone
      Address 2

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

so far, if I add a second set of fields that duplicate the 1rst set, all I get is the same name appearing in 2 sets of the fields for Name,/Address/, City, State, Zip/ telephone number etc.

• 1. Re: setting up a layout for a member directory
          philmodjunk

Report An Issue is intended for Reporting Possible Software bugs. Questions on how to work with FileMaker Pro should be posted in the FM Pro Forum Section. (See tab at top of this screen.)

Screenshots of your layout can be captured on your computer and then you can use the controls below Post a New Answer to upload them are part of your next response.

It appears that you are duplicating field objects while in Layout Mode (edit layout) instead of adding more records to your database. You need to set up your table so that one record stores the information for one member. To add contact info for more members, you then use New Records from the records menu to add a new records where you can fill out the fields for the member's contact.

To see more than one record at a time on your layout, you'll need to use either list view or table view.