Several WebSites

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

Windows 7

Description of the issue

Still Learning FMK Adv 11.
      When using the FMK Contact Mgt. Starter DB, a tab for WEBsite is included. My question is : Is there a preferred method to  use if the CONTACT PERSON has more than 1 related website.
      Which would be the easiest to do.
      ? Create multiple buttons without using the WEB TAB or
      ? some form of a drop down list or
      ? can someone suggest other method be suggested to get the option of selecting 1 of many websites?

Steps to reproduce the problem

Presently, I select the "WEB" tab.
      The website then pops up.

Expected result

I would like to get an OPTION on selecting 1 of many Websites for the said Contact Person.

I wish to bring up the Contact Person info.
      Then. If needed select the "Web Tab"
      (Here's where the Contact Person may have several related Web Sites they are involved with" i.e. Story Writer.

Ex. I hope to have the option of selecting one of (3) Website sites in smaller windows or by button type selections.
      I would then select the most needed one of the three and have it expand to my full window. And of course then "Close" when done with that window, back to the other (3) original windows before closing to the Web Tab.
      Is this possible?
      Can the steps to do so be included in the answer, or where to look in the knowledge base.
      Thks.
      Gil

• 1. Re: Several WebSites
          philmodjunk

Report an Issue is intended to enable users to report possible bugs to FileMaker Inc. for investigation. If you need help using the product, you should post your questions to the FileMaker Pro forum (See tab with that name at the top of your screen) instead of here. You'll get a faster response from more people there than here.

To answer your question: you can add a table to your contact manager for storing the URL's of multiple websites for a given contact. Then you can set up a conditional value list that lists only the URL's (or titles from a title field you set up in the same related table). You can then set up the web viewer to refer to this field in the related table for it's URL.

That way you can record the URL's in small portal, but view specific web sites by selecting them from a drop down list or pop up menu.

• 2. Re: Several WebSites
            gldiaz

Thank you

GD