Summary

Severe bugs in table view draw

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

Mac OS 10.6.8, 10.7 and Windows 7

Description of the issue

We converted several fmp11 solutions to fmp12 and get severe and reproducable optical bugs in table view. The alternate color isn´t shown at all, groupings are at the wrong positions and the footer is grey instead of the given color. This happens when entering the layout from somewhere is. It happens on Mac OS X 10.6.8 and on Windows 7.

Resetting the view with the context menu gives the correct appearance. Also going to layout mode and returning to browse mode restores the correct look. And finally right click right of the last table column brings back the normal look.

It happens in the sample files too - I could send you the result

here you find screens: https://fmdev.filemaker.com/message/78318#78318

Steps to reproduce the problem

build a table layout with subsummaries, alternating colors and a colored footer, step in and out the layout several times

Expected result

correct view without redraw

Actual result

incorrect view unless you force a redraw

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

none

Configuration information

several Macs and PC

Workaround

a script triggered by layout forcing a redraw

bug.png

• 1. Re: Severe bugs in table view draw
          TSGal

Martin Bohmer:

Thank you for your post.

Which sample file(s) is this occurring?  Let me know the exact steps, and I'll try it here.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Severe bugs in table view draw
            intex

Hi

take the expenses report

• edit the layout expense details
            • delete all tabs on the right
            • make the data part having an alternating background color
            • color the footer with any color, for example green
            • add some subsummary and a grand summary in for example dark blue
            • duplicate some records
            • in table view you should already see the result
            What you get is
            • the footer is grey instead of green
            • the summaries are beige instead of blue
            And as soon as you choose right click, Table View, Change, do nothing but OK the view will be rendered ok
            I could send you a sample file
            • 3. Re: Severe bugs in table view draw
              TSGal

Martin Bohmer:

> take the expenses report
              Done.  Actually named "Expense Report".

> edit the layout expense details
              There is no layout by that name.  There is "Expense Reports" and "Report Details".  Of the 23 layouts, which number layout is it?

> delete all tabs on the right
              Neither "Expense Reports" nor "Report Details" have any tab controls on the right.  Therefore, I can't proceed until I have the correct Layout name.

If you rather send me a sample file, check your Inbox at the top of this page for instructions where to send the file.

TSGal
              FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: Severe bugs in table view draw
                intex

it is layout number 4 - in German it is called "Ausgabendetails" which should translate to "Expense Details"

• 5. Re: Severe bugs in table view draw
                  TSGal

Martin Bohmer:

I received your file.  Thank you.

I am still unable to replicate the problem.  When I launch "Ausgabengericht", it takes me first to the layout "Ausgabenberichte".  I then switch to "Ausgabendetails" and the below screen shot displays what is seen.

Do you have any graphics accelerator card installed?  What else can you tell me about your computing environment so I can try to replicate the issue?

TSGal
                  FileMaker, Inc.

• 6. Re: Severe bugs in table view draw
                    intex

Hi TSGal,

I made a video of the bug and commented on it - it´s in your mail inbox.

The bug is in FileMaker sample files replicable and in our converted files.

No special graphics cards or accelerators are involved. I work on a standard iMac i5 with 10.6.8. But the bug is there on a Windows 7 machine and a MacBook Pro with 10.7.3 too.

Hope that helps, since the bug is really a business stopper.

• 7. Re: Severe bugs in table view draw
                      intex

just converted another solution of ours and have the same bug - alternate colors on table just don´t work at all

• 8. Re: Severe bugs in table view draw
                        intex

in further testing I found out, that it only happens (at least it seems like this now), when you directly switch from form view to table view. It does not happen, if you switch from list view to table view.

• 9. Re: Severe bugs in table view draw
                          intex

but still I get funny artefacts when switching from list view to table view in the lower left corner. This happens with converted and completely newly built files

• 10. Re: Severe bugs in table view draw
                            TSGal

Martin Bohmer:

Thank you for the video.  I am able to replicate the problem.  As you said, it only occurs when switching from Form View to Table View.

From your last post, I can also replicate the issue with the artifacts appearing in the bottom left corner (and left edge).

I have forwarded both issues to our Development and Testing departments for review.  I will keep you posted as information becomes available.

In your movie, I was unable to replicate the issue with the alternating colors disappearing in Table view.  Can you send a copy or clone of that file so I can also forward that to the appropriate people?

TSGal
                            FileMaker, Inc.

• 11. Re: Severe bugs in table view draw
                              intex

Hi,

sent you a demo file of ours.

Hopefully the bug will be killed with the first service update of FMP, since this bug is stopping us from releasing our updates.

• 12. Re: Severe bugs in table view draw
                                TSGal

Martin Bohmer:

I received your file.  Thank you.

This is definitely related as the problem in Table View only occurs when switching directly from Form View.  Switching from List View displays the table properly.

This file has also been forwarded to our Development and Testing departments for review.

TSGal
                                FileMaker, Inc.

• 13. Re: Severe bugs in table view draw
                                  intex

sadly enough, v2 of FileMaker 12 doesn´t do anything about this bug - will still get massive redraw bugs especially with alternating backgrounds in the new version.