Sharing > IWP Dialog causes display corruption and usually a crash

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

11.x

Operating system version

Mac OS X 10.6.6

Description of the issue

After opening the File > Sharing > Instant Web Publishing... dialog all is OK unless there are more than the 9 files in the Currently open files list. If there are more than 9, scroll bar appears and as soon as the scroll bar is operated, the window behind gets updated with a portion of the scrolling files list starts scrolling a portion of its window. If you dismiss the dialog, then sometimes FileMaker will unexpectedly quit immediately and sometimes unexpectedly quit later.

Steps to reproduce the problem

Open more than 9 files.
      Go to File > Sharing > Instant Web Publishing...
      In the Currently open files list, use the scroll bar.

Expected result

Stability

Actual result

Crash

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

None

Configuration information

Clean installation of FileMaker 11.0v1, 2 or 3 after prefs file deleted (com.filemaker.client.pro.plist from ~/Library/Preferences). No 3rd party plug-ins.

Workaround

Use FileMaker 10 to set IWP Sharing.

IWP_Sharing_weirdness.png

• 1. Re: Sharing > IWP Dialog causes display corruption and usually a crash

David Tolson:

Thank you for posting, sorry about the late response.

I was able to reproduce this behavior in both the Instant Web Publishing and ODBC/JDBC sharing dialogs. I couldn't reproduce a crash immediately after exiting the sharing dialog but did get one a bit after exiting. This behavior is not reproducible on the Windows side. I've forwarded your post along with my findings to our Development and Quality Assurance (testing) departments for confirmation.

TSBear

FileMaker, Inc.