Short Portal Scrolling Issue in FMP 13 WebDirect

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

FMP 13 Advanced

Operating system version

Windows 7 Pro

Description of the issue

A short, 3 row portal (with scrollbar) with 4 or more records on WebDirect will not scroll in any browser (IE11, Chrome or FireFox).  The scroll bar appears but is not functional.

Steps to reproduce the problem

1) Create a portal with 3 rows visible and scrollbar enabled.
      2) View a table with at least 4 records
      3) upload to a WebDirect server
      4) Attempt to scroll the portal with the scrollbar

Expected result

Portal will scroll to reveal the hidden row(s)

Actual result

Portal scrollbar is non-functional.  No scrolling.

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

N/A

Workaround

None Yet.  I suspect that if I increase the height and number of rows the problem will go away.

• 1. Re: Short Portal Scrolling Issue in FMP 13 WebDirect
          TSGal

Fred Erickson:

Thank you for your post.

I am unable to replicate the issue.  This is what I have done:

1. In FileMaker Pro 13.0v1, I created two tables, linked together by an ID field.

2. I entered 1 record in the main table (customers), and 7 records into the secondary table (invoices) and linked by the same customer ID.

3. In the Customer layout, I created a portal for three rows along with a vertical scroll bar.

4. In Browse Mode, I can use the scrollbar to view all 7 related records.

5. The file was uploaded to FileMaker Server 13.0v1.

6. On Mac OS X 10.9.1, I launched Safari, accessed the database file via WebDirect, and I can also scroll the related records in the portal.

7. On Windows 7, I launched Google Chrome, accessed the database file via WebDirect, and I can also scroll the related records in the portal.

Let me know what I'm doing differently than you.

TSGal
               FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Short Portal Scrolling Issue in FMP 13 WebDirect
            fred@kca-inc.com

Thanks for the quick response.  It sure looks like you have the same setup.  I was wondering if maybe the relative dimensions of the portal would make any difference:

My portal is 410 x 59 px

The 3 data fields are 22 x 17, 325 x 17 and 37 x 17

All have a Tahoma 10 font

My Portal Setup is sorted and only has "Show vertical scroll bar" checked.  Initial Row = 1, Number of Rows = 3

Could you please try those dimensions and see if you still get a positive result?

• 3. Re: Short Portal Scrolling Issue in FMP 13 WebDirect
              fred@kca-inc.com

One more possibility.  My data structure for this portal has 3 tables:

VMSG::Global_Field_Activity_ID ----> Link_Table::Activity_ID | Link_Table::User_ID ----> Users_Table::User_ID | Users_Table::User_Name - Displaying User Name

• 4. Re: Short Portal Scrolling Issue in FMP 13 WebDirect
                TSGal

Fred Erickson:

The size of the portal and fields do not matter.

Without seeing the structure of the three tables, I have set up something similar, but unable to determine what are the linking key fields for the three tables.  At this point, it may be best if you just send me a clone of the file (copy with no records), and perhaps one sample record with related data so I can try it here myself.  Check your Inbox at the top of this page for instructions where to send your file.

TSGal
                     FileMaker, Inc.

• 5. Re: Short Portal Scrolling Issue in FMP 13 WebDirect
                  fred@kca-inc.com

Well, I believe that I solved this mystery.  The app was originally developed with FMPA 11.  I upgraded the database to FMPA 13.  Apparently, the small portals didn't translate 100%.  I just deleted the upgraded portals and created new ones in FMPA 13 and the scrolling on WebDirect works properly now.