Thank you for your post.
I am unable to replicate the issue. This is what I have done:
1. In FileMaker Pro 13.0v1, I created two tables, linked together by an ID field.
2. I entered 1 record in the main table (customers), and 7 records into the secondary table (invoices) and linked by the same customer ID.
3. In the Customer layout, I created a portal for three rows along with a vertical scroll bar.
4. In Browse Mode, I can use the scrollbar to view all 7 related records.
5. The file was uploaded to FileMaker Server 13.0v1.
6. On Mac OS X 10.9.1, I launched Safari, accessed the database file via WebDirect, and I can also scroll the related records in the portal.
7. On Windows 7, I launched Google Chrome, accessed the database file via WebDirect, and I can also scroll the related records in the portal.
Let me know what I'm doing differently than you.
Thanks for the quick response. It sure looks like you have the same setup. I was wondering if maybe the relative dimensions of the portal would make any difference:
My portal is 410 x 59 px
The 3 data fields are 22 x 17, 325 x 17 and 37 x 17
All have a Tahoma 10 font
My Portal Setup is sorted and only has "Show vertical scroll bar" checked. Initial Row = 1, Number of Rows = 3
Could you please try those dimensions and see if you still get a positive result?
One more possibility. My data structure for this portal has 3 tables:
VMSG::Global_Field_Activity_ID ----> Link_Table::Activity_ID | Link_Table::User_ID ----> Users_Table::User_ID | Users_Table::User_Name - Displaying User Name
The size of the portal and fields do not matter.
Without seeing the structure of the three tables, I have set up something similar, but unable to determine what are the linking key fields for the three tables. At this point, it may be best if you just send me a clone of the file (copy with no records), and perhaps one sample record with related data so I can try it here myself. Check your Inbox at the top of this page for instructions where to send your file.
Well, I believe that I solved this mystery. The app was originally developed with FMPA 11. I upgraded the database to FMPA 13. Apparently, the small portals didn't translate 100%. I just deleted the upgraded portals and created new ones in FMPA 13 and the scrolling on WebDirect works properly now.