1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 4, 2009 2:37 PM by TSGal

Show hide arrange and align pallet not available FMP 10

fmpdan

Summary

Show hide arrange and align pallet not available FMP 10

Description of the issue

In a solution created in FMP 9 now being developed in FMP 10. The data is mostly in mySQL database. In layout mode the view arrange pallet and align pallet are grayed out. also as one might expect the icons are the same. This does not happen with other solutions or with a new one. I have a screen shot. While I can work with the Arrange menu I would like to be able to use the pallets. I am running FMP 10 on Mac OSX 10.5.6 and this only happens with this one particular database.  I do have a screen shot I can send 

• 1. Re: Show hide arrange and align pallet not available FMP 10
          TSGal

dstein799:

Thank you for your post.

No need to send a screen shot.  I believe you.

No, this shouldn't occur, and I don't have a definite solution.  Does this occur on every layout of that database file or just one layout?  If one layout, then I would conclude the layout became corrupt.  Create a new blank layout, show the palettes, and recreate the forms and fields.

If this occurs with every layout in the database file, then make sure you don't have a script that turns off the "Allow Toolbars".  This will gray out Arrange Palette and Align Palette.  You may want to create a script with

Allow Toolbars [On]

Please let me know if this helps (or not).

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.