SideBySide Event ID 63

Product

FileMaker Server

Version

Filemaker Server 11

Operating system version

SBS 2011 (Winodws Server 2008 R2)

Description of the issue

Daily receiving a SideBySide Event ID 63 error.

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

Activation context generation failed for "C:\Program Files (x86)\FileMaker\FileMaker Server\Web Publishing\publishing-engine\php\extras\openssl\openssl.exe.Manifest".Error in manifest or policy file "C:\Program Files (x86)\FileMaker\FileMaker Server\Web Publishing\publishing-engine\php\extras\openssl\openssl.exe.Manifest" on line 8. The value "0.9.8g" of attribute "version" in element "assemblyIdentity" is invalid.

• 1. Re: SideBySide Event ID 63
          user15307

Bob Lay,

I was able to locate a link describing this Microsoft error here: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/3573.aspx.
          You mention this is a daily occurrence, but not exactly what is happening when the error displays. Was this installation of FileMaker Server 11 working without error for a period of time?

It's also important to mention that compatible system requirements for FileMaker Server 11 installations include Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2008 Standard Edition SP2, but Windows Small Business Server isn't included as a supported operating system.

Is this a new installation?

TSTuatara
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: SideBySide Event ID 63
            jlisburn

I get these on Windows 2008 R2 Enterprise, not every day but every 2-15 days or so. Don't seem to be causing problems. (FMSA 11)

• 3. Re: SideBySide Event ID 63
              rahul2785

Hello,

I am facing a similar issue. Error log says:

Activation context generation failed for "C:\Program Files (x86)\FileMaker\FileMaker Server\Web Publishing\publishing-engine\php\extras\openssl\openssl.exe.Manifest".Error in manifest or policy file "C:\Program Files (x86)\FileMaker\FileMaker Server\Web Publishing\publishing-engine\php\extras\openssl\openssl.exe.Manifest" on line 8. The value "0.9.8g" of attribute "version" in element "assemblyIdentity" is invalid.

Also after starting FM services, randomly is crashing the whole network. I cant even ping network gateway.

Please suggest.

• 4. Re: SideBySide Event ID 63
                TSGal

Rahul Malviya:

Thank you for your post.

What version of FileMaker Server 11 are you using?  What version of Windows server are you running?

Has this worked previously and just started occurring?  If so, what has changed?  If you have updated the server, try reinstalling FileMaker Server 11?

Any other information you can provide may be helpful.

TSGal
                     FileMaker, Inc.

• 5. Re: SideBySide Event ID 63
                  rahul2785

Hello,

I am on ver. 11.0.3.309 version of server.

Windows server R2 standard version.

It started all of a sudden. We have not made any changes on server. I have already tried reinstalling FM server.

FYI, I have uninstalled latest Bonjor framework & installed a previous version & now this issue's frequency is less as compared previously.

Please let me know if anything else is needed.

• 6. Re: SideBySide Event ID 63
                    TSGal

Rahul Malviya:

Thank you for the additional information.

Since this "started all of a sudden", do you recall what changed during that time?  Is there anything in the log files that may show a reason for the crash?  If not, what is the last entry in the event.log?

Does the crash occur when working with a particular file?

If you have narrowed it down to a particular file, try using the file locally and see if you can make it crash.

TSGal
                         FileMaker, Inc.

• 7. Re: SideBySide Event ID 63
                      rahul2785

Hello,

It seems like its a network issue. After replacing modem, practice is running smoothly fine. I am not 100% sure so keeping this issue under observation. I will keep you posted once I get an update.

One more practice is facing the similar issue so I have little doubt that its a hardware issue. It started happening just after upgrading them from version 6 to 11. They upgraded all the hardware as well.

Issue is not with any specific FileMaker File. Its a random issue. For your reference I am attaching screenshot of eventlog errors.

So not sure whats wrong here as well.

Thank you for looking into it for me.. :)

• 8. Re: SideBySide Event ID 63
                        rahul2785

Hello,

May I get an update for this issue. We are loosing business & I am not seeing any resolution for this issue.

Thank you

Rahul Malviya

• 9. Re: SideBySide Event ID 63
                          TSGal

Rahul Malviya:

What VC90 CRT DLL's are installed in your side-by-side repository?  That is, look in the C:\Windows\\winsxs\ folder and list the files that begin with x86_microsoft.x90.crt

Is FileMaker Server set up for a single machine or two machine setup?

What version of FileMaker Server 11 is installed?  That is, make sure you have the 11.0v5 installed.  If not, then download and install the updater via Knowledge Base Article #11058:

http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/11058

Send in your event.log and system log files.  Check your Inbox at the top of this page for instructions where to send the files.

TSGal
                               FileMaker, Inc.

• 10. Re: SideBySide Event ID 63
                            TSGal

Rahul Malviya:

I received your files.  Thank you.

I have sent everything to our Development and Testing departments for review.  I'll keep you updated as information becomes available to me.

TSGal
                                 FileMaker, Inc.

• 11. Re: SideBySide Event ID 63
                              TSGal

Rahul Malviya:

One of the testers looked at your files and said that if you can't ping the server, then that is unrelated to FileMaker Server.  SideBySide errors are generally related to a missing library, and in this case points to a possible updated openssl.exe library with a text/manifest file that might contain older information.

Below are issues with the system and the reason for the system freeze.  The tester recommends first correcting the issues related to the system, network drivers, and any switches not set for auto negotiate.  Once the hardware issues are resolved, start up FileMaker Server and proceed from there.  Although the SideBySide openssl.exe Manifest everts are a distraction, FileMaker Server should still function normally.  It's just an event that is logged.  The tester also recommends an uninstall and reinstall of FileMaker Server if you are looking to remove that specific event error.

Now the logs:

The below logs are seen too many times throughout the system log and is the reason for the networking issues.  This will cause problems with any Server Service:

8/28/2014  1:48:36 AM
                                   Isatap interface isatap.{B5C9AF00-FA22-403F-A83B-C43F41353E5C} with address fe80::5efe:192.168.0.254 has been brought up.
                                   ----
                                   8/28/2014  12:49:04 AM
                                   Service Control Manager Event ID: 7036 The TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper service entered the running state.

--- This is not related to FileMaker it's a driver/config issue
                                   Event ID 33: e1cexpress Intel(R) 82579LM Gigabit Network Connection Network link has been established at 100Mbps full duplex.
                                   links for suggestions/help.
                                   http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Compaq-Elite-Pro/e1-ecxpress-error-event-ID-27-Intel-82579LM-network-adaptor/td-p/5666487#.U_93KF5Z9R0

--- Another indication of Network adapter driver or settings issues
                                   Error Event ID: 56 TermDD The Terminal Server security layer detected an error in the protocol stream and has disconnected the client. Client IP: 192.168.0.9.
                                   The Curious Case of Event ID: 56 with Source TermDD
                                   http://blogs.technet.com/b/askperf/archive/2010/03/25/the-curious-case-of-event-id-56-with-source-termdd.aspx
                                   http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/981a30b8-0e46-49f9-a13f-095b124328fd/event-id-56-termdd

---
                                   Microsoft-Windows-Iphlpsvc Event ID 4200 Isatap interface isatap.{B5C9AF00-FA22-403F-A83B-C43F41353E5C} with address fe80::5efe:192.168.0.254 has been brought up.
                                   http://www.experts-exchange.com/OS/Microsoft_Operating_Systems/Server/Windows_Server_2008/Q_28441447.html
                                   http://social.technet.microsoft.com/forums/windowsserver/en-US/66edbb0b-a225-4a9d-b8d0-9e2270f83dfd/cluster-node-getting-failed

---
                                   8/28/2014  12:48:40 AM The TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper service entered the stopped state.
                                   8/28/2014  12:48:40 AM Isatap interface isatap.{B5C9AF00-FA22-403F-A83B-C43F41353E5C} is no longer active.

-----

From the System.log

8/24/2014  11:32:42 PM The FileMaker Server service entered the running state.
                                   8/24/2014  11:18:19 PM The FileMaker Server service entered the stopped state.
                                   8/24/2014  11:12:54 PM The Windows Error Reporting Service service entered the running state.
                                   8/24/2014  11:11:11 PM The Microsoft Software Shadow Copy Provider service entered the stopped state.
                                   8/24/2014  11:08:11 PM The Microsoft Software Shadow Copy Provider service entered the stopped state.

Another crash: Event.log
                                   7/25/2014  5:40:59 PM Response: Not available Cab Id: 0
                                   7/25/2014  5:40:56 PM Faulting application name: fmshelper.exe, version: 11.0.2.205, time stamp: 0x4c06de0c <-- THis one caused a system reboot below as USER32

System.log
                                   7/25/2014  5:44:29 PM e1cexpress 33  Network link has been established at 100Mbps full duplex.
                                   7/25/2014  5:44:08 PM event ID: 7036 The TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper service entered the stopped state.
                                   7/25/2014  5:44:08 PM event ID 27 e1cexpress Intel(R) 82579LM Gigabit Network Connection Network link is disconnected.
                                   7/25/2014  5:43:35 PM event ID 4200 Isatap interface isatap.{B5C9AF00-FA22-403F-A83B-C43F41353E5C} with address fe80::5efe:192.168.0.254 has been brought up.

7/25/2014  5:41:47 PM ACPI thermal zone ACPI\ThermalZone\TZ01 has been enumerated.  
                                   7/25/2014  5:41:33 PM Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-General Event ID: 13 The operating system is shutting down at system time
                                   7/25/2014  5:41:33 PM Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Event ID: 109 The kernel power manager has initiated a shutdown transition.
                                   7/25/2014  5:42:20 PM The system uptime is 40 seconds.
                                   7/25/2014  5:41:23 PM USER32 Event ID: 1074 The process SystemPropertiesComputerName.exe has initiated the restart of computer AVCSERVER on behalf of user AVCSERVER\Administrator for the following reason: Operating System: Reconfiguration (Planned)
                                   7/25/2014  5:40:56 PM The FileMaker Server service entered the stopped state.

-----

Let me know if you need additional clarification.

TSGal
                                   FileMaker, Inc.

• 12. Re: SideBySide Event ID 63
                                rahul2785

Hello

Thank you for looking into it for me. I will look into the network issues & update you accordingly.

Also would like to let you know that we have tried to uninstall & reinstall FM server so many times. Also we have replaced the Physical server as well.

As I can see network issues too but it persists only when we start FM services. If we turnoff FileMaker services & observe the network, it runs smoothly fine. We have observed this scenario so many times. So not sure whether its exactly a network issue or something is blocking FM services & causing network crash.

• 13. Re: SideBySide Event ID 63
                                  TSGal

Rahul Malviya:

One of the testers definitely believes there is a network issue.  The tester suggested to run the following command and then collect the dump files:

where /r c:\ /f /t *.*dmp > 0 & start notepad 0

Once the dump files are collected, zip them up, and send the zip file to the email address provided in the private message.

TSGal
                                  FileMaker, Inc.

• 14. Re: SideBySide Event ID 63
                                    TSGal

Rahul Malviya:

The tester has examined all 14 dump files, and would also like the FileMaker Server Log files, and the following WER files:

c:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\AppCrash_fmshelper.exe_21af73507ea99286d6fe8ee76e433c48d1dcab4_cab_0baa39c1\WER36E5.tmp.hdmp

c:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\AppCrash_fmshelper.exe_21af73507ea99286d6fe8ee76e433c48d1dcab4_cab_0baa39c1\WER3976.tmp.mdmp

c:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\AppCrash_fmshelper.exe_3c18f1405bb8cb450db3baf7d9d66b5c3c261fa_cab_022773aa\WER72C2.tmp.hdmp

c:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\AppCrash_fmshelper.exe_3c18f1405bb8cb450db3baf7d9d66b5c3c261fa_cab_022773aa\WER736E.tmp.mdmp

Please send these to the same email address in the private message.

TSGal
                                    FileMaker, Inc.

1 2 Previous Next