Summary

Single action to check off multitple records in a found set

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

XP and 7

Description of the issue

I have a daily found set of about 200 new records.  I have to proof these records each morning and mark them off as 'Completed'

I have a check box (viewed in table or form), but it takes a long time to go down the list and check each one box.

Can someone help me design a better way/script, etc. that will allow me to choose all records and mark them off at one time?
      Thanks

• 1. Re: Single action to check off multitple records in a found set
          TSGal

Jean Anne Mayhall:

Thank you for your post.

After entering a check mark in the first record, pull down the Records menu and select "Replace Field Contents...".  A "Replace Field Contents" dialog box will appear saying "Permanently replace the contents of the field <field name> in the <x> records of the current found set?".  The first option below "Replace with: <value>" will be selected as a default.  If you then click "Replace" at the bottom, all records in the found set will be set to that value.

If you find a subset of records, it will replace only those subset.  If all records are displayed, it will replace all records with that value.

Let me know if you need additional clarification.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.