4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 16, 2015 11:51 AM by Fred(CH)

Single-Clicking not working...need to Double-Click

SpecVet

Summary

Single-Clicking not working...need to Double-Click

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

OS X

Description of the issue

See:
      http://forums.filemaker.com/posts/1a4a528e4a

This too is being reported by some of our clients... however, it requires a full reboot of the computer (Max OS X

Anyone at FMI have any insight to this issue?

Steps to reproduce the problem

Click on buttons, fields, etc.

Expected result

Should be able to execute the button, enter the field, etc.

Actual result

Nothing happens, you need to double click to have an action take place.

Configuration information

FMP 13.0v5
      OS X 10.10.2

Although this was reported when using FMP 12 and a previous OS.

Workaround

Reboot workstation

• 1. Re: Single-Clicking not working...need to Double-Click
          TSGal

Answer Feedback:

Thank you for your post.

I have not encountered this issue, and I know that doesn't help you.  In addition, I do not see any report of this behavior reported.

Are there any Layout script triggers enabled?  For instance, OnLayoutEnter or OnLayoutKeystroke?

Do you have any plug-ins installed and enabled?  If so, which plug-ins?

Is this occurring with one file or all files?  If one file, is it occurring on one layout or all layouts?

Any other information you can provide may be helpful in determining the cause.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Single-Clicking not working...need to Double-Click
            philmodjunk

Sometimes, "weird mouse behavior" can be traced to a specific brand of hardware or to interference from another application also installed and (perhaps) running on the machine. So you may need to search for any possible common denominators...

• 3. Re: Single-Clicking not working...need to Double-Click
              Fred(CH)

A Mac OS X specific issue does exist, but obviously, i am not able to replicate it on demand and i don't know if you are really running into it or not. Mine is windows management related.

That is, even FileMaker Pro is the front / activated application, its first window is like inactive (you can see it looking its clearer title bar).

When this issue occurs, a double click is needed where a simple clic is generally enough.

Then, the way to restore a normal state is to activate the Finder and then, reactivate FileMaker Pro, using the Dock for instance.

So, the next time the issue occurs, you can try this process above, that not need a restart nor a quitting, and maybe post back here.

I know that not helps a lot but it is the most i can suggest at this time...

Good luck !

Fred

• 4. Re: Single-Clicking not working...need to Double-Click
                Fred(CH)

Oh sorry, i am not sure the Dock to activate / inactivate is enough in this case. If not, use instead [cmd]+[Tab]