DanielYates

Summary

Slide Control Issues

Product

FileMaker Go

Version

13 iOS

Description of the issue

Built an app with a slide control and here are some behaviors I am experiencing.

1. On the computer, one can click a slide button to navigate to that slide. In iOS, it only takes you to the next or previous slide. I can't jump from slide one to three for example.

2. I have a portal on slide one. When switching to or from slide one, the portal flashes, then the sliding transition occurs as it should.

3. I have a container field and added a button to insert a picture from the camera. I used the Insert From Device option. This works if the field is not locked for Browse. If I lock the field, the button does not work.

Steps to reproduce the problem

1. Create a slide control with three or more slides. Test on iOS device. I am using an iPad2

2. Create a slide control and add a portal. Then switch between slides.

3. Add a container field and button to Insert from Device, camera selected. Lock the field, then unlock the field for Browse.

If desired, I can send the file.

Expected result

1. The user should be able to select the slide with the slide dot.

2. Slide content probably should not flash, just slide in or out.

3. The lock should be irrelevant unless there are other considerations I am unaware of.

Actual result

n/a

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

None.

Configuration information

iPad v6.1.3

Workaround

1. I placed a goto object link on the last slide to go to the first slide.

2. I found no way to mitigate the flashing.

3. I created a script step with the Insert from Device option and this worked regardless of the field lock.

• 1. Re: Slide Control Issues
          philmodjunk

3. I have a container field and added a button to insert a picture from the camera. I used the Insert From Device option. This works if the field is not locked for Browse. If I lock the field, the button does not work.

This is typical of any script step that starts with "Insert". The target field must be present on the layout and enabled for browse mode access. This is because Insert... script steps interact with your database at the layout level.

• 2. Re: Slide Control Issues
            TSGal

Daniel Yates:

Thank you for your post.

1. A Slide control only allows swiping in FileMaker Go.  I recommend that you enter this as a suggestion into our Feature Requests web form at:

http://www.filemaker.com/company/contact/feature_request.html

The entries into this web form populate a database that is hosted and monitored by Development and Product Management.  Each of these web entries are discussed and considered for possible implementation in a future release.  Although I could copy your suggestion and paste it into the web form, there are a couple of question asked that only you can answer.

2. I am unable to replicate this issue.  I have a placed a portal in a Slide Control.  If all data is committed, then no flash appears.  I can smoothly slide between panels.

3. The response from PhilModJunk is correct (Thank you).  If you have a field set for no entry in Browse, you will be unable to insert data into the field.

Let me know if you need additional clarification.

TSGal
                 FileMaker, Inc.