3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 17, 2010 4:49 AM by davidl

Sliding Printing issue with FMP11

davidl

Summary

Sliding Printing issue with FMP11

Description of the issue

FileMaker Product : FMP11Operating System : Mac Leopard 10.5.8After opening a file created in FMP10 I had to change some related fields in a layout from non printing to printing. Once changed to printing via the inspector they were still not previewing or printingExpected Result : previewed and printable fieldsActual Result : none of the fields changed were able to be previewed or printed. Any workarounds that you have found, none so far but need to know soon .

• 1. Re: Sliding Printing issue with FMP11
          TSGal

davidl:

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately, I am unable to replicate the problem.

On my iMac running Mac OS X 10.5.8,I created a database file in FileMaker Pro 10.0v3 and named it Test10.fp7.  I created a couple of tables and linked them via a field named ID.  I placed several fields on the different Layouts, including buttons, portals, circles, etc.

I quit FileMaker Pro 10 and launched FileMaker Pro 11.  I opened Test10.fp7, went into Layout Mode, and changed random fields, buttons, fields in portals, etc. to "Hide when printing".  When I preview, all objects I designated to hide are hidden.  I went back into Layout, selected a different set, and they also change when previewed.  I also printed a few records from different Layouts, and the correct fields/objects/etc. are hidden.

Try running Recover on the file.  Use the Recovered file and reset the "Hide when printing" options and try again.

Please keep me posted with any progress.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Sliding Printing issue with FMP11
            davidl

Thank you so much, I worked out my error. There were 2 portals sitting behind the fields from a previous layout copy and paste, once i set that to print it worked. Sorry if I wasted your time.

• 3. Re: Sliding Printing issue with FMP11
              davidl

Now I know why you gave me the clown avatar. :?