Sliding/Printing menu item missing

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

11.0v4

Operating system version

MacOS 10.7.2

Description of the issue

In Layout mode, Under the Format menu, there is no menu item for Sliding/Printing.

The help file claims it should still be there.

It may now be in the non-obvious "inspector" pane, but the help file does not say that. The help file doesn't actually have any help about the "inspector" other than to point you to the menu item (under view, so you're going to have a hard time stumbling on it when you know what you need is under format, and the help says it's there.

Steps to reproduce the problem

Go to layout mode, select a field, look in Format menu.

Expected result

A menu option for Sliding/Printing.

Actual result

no menu option for Sliding/Printing.

Workaround

Possibly this function has been moved to (warning - breaks user interface for experienced users) the "inspector" which seems to be something that comes up when clicking on small "magnifying glass" icon of no particular significance. If so, perhaps the help file should mention that. Better yet, leave the old functionality in - I don't use FileMaker because I love learning new user interface crud every new version, when there was perfectly good old user interface that I already know. I use it to make databases work, and I don't appreciate having to puzzle out what the new kids thought would be Kewl to do it when I'm trying to get work done.

Virtually everything else in "inspector" is also still in the menus. Regardless, the help file still directs one to the Sliding/Printing menu item - and it's not there.

Screen_Shot_2011-10-21_at_3.31.39_PM.png

Outcomes