Summary

Smearing and display problems when scrolling

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

11.0v4

Operating system version

Description of the issue

Was using this on one monitor without problem on MacPro 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon with 16 GB RAM. As soon as I hooked up a second monitor (both 1920x1080), FileMaker started doing this. When I scroll vertically or horizontally, either by pressing an arrow key, clicking on the scroll bar, or with my mouse scroll, the FileMaker displays smears. Or sometimes it just repeats a part of the window, creating a pattern. It happens so much it's currently barely useable. Please help. Haven't seen too much mention of this elsewhere. The scroll speed affects it -- scrolling quickly horizontally will offset the image slightly, scrolling slowly will offset the image more steeply. Also, sometimes parts of the FileMaker window is blurry, and sometimes there are "fault lines" where it doesn't line up. See attached screen shots.

Steps to reproduce the problem

Open filemaker file. Scroll horz or vert either by pressing an arrow key, clicking on the scroll bar, or with my mouse scroll.

Expected result

A different part of the screen is visible in the FileMaker window, looking sharp.

Actual result

What's shown in the FileMaker window is different part of screen, but it's smeared, or blurry, or doesn't line up with rest.

Configuration information

MacPro 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon with 16 GB RAM

Workaround

Try moving to a different part of screen again, maybe in a different way. Sometimes it works, sometimes not.

Screen_shot_2012-07-30_at_4.50.12_PM.png