4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 27, 2009 2:42 PM by rwalsh

SMTP

rwalsh

Summary

SMTP

Description of the issue

I am trying to use SMTP that is part of FMPA 10, but I can get it to work if it is running via the server and not the client. Has anyone else experienced this issue? Is there something I can do?

• 1. Re: SMTP
          TSGal

rwalsh:

Thank you for your post.

Can you tell me more about your Send Mail step?  What is the SMTP server you are using?  Is there a name and password required?  Does this work with a local file but not with the file hosted elsewhere?

Any additional information will help narrow the possibilities.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: SMTP
            rwalsh

I found out the issu waws actually with our server itself, more so the policy our IT department has on the relay. It can't be used unless it is part of the Administrator group, and our individual PCs are entitled to use it.

Would the ability to use an exchange server address be usable for SMTP, or will I have to stick to the email client?

• 3. Re: SMTP
              TSGal

rwalsh:

I don't know if an exchange server address is possible.  This is a new feature in FileMaker Pro 10, and I don't have access to an exchange server using SMTP to try it out.  I would try it, and if it doesn't work, then you would have to use an email client.

Has anybody else out there tried this?  Please let us know. 

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 4. Re: SMTP
                rwalsh
                   I just tried it with our exchange server settings, and that didn't work either. Although could be our IT Policy settings again, if anyone has luck with this let me know.