user21132

Summary

SMTP error

Product

FileMaker Go

Version

Operating system version

Description of the issue

I get an error when trying to send mail via the built in smtp client (script step) Send mail directly to smtp server.

My mail server returns: 555 syntax error in MAIL FROM parameters\r\n ( on the server side log)

the FROM parameter that FMGo uses is:
      MAIL FROM: RET=FULL ENVID=_DATABASE_DATEFORMAT="\1270"_LAYOUT="\1271"_NAME="\1272"_RECORDS="\1273"_TIMEFORMAT="\1274"/_

the only part i add in filemaker is the martin@kvapil.se the rest comes from fmgo.

The problem here is that ENVID value contains non-ASCII or "=" symbols which are prohibited for "esmtp-value", it should be encoded as "xtext" as described at , .

Expected result

Noting sent

Actual result

email sent

Workaround

use a different not so strict smtp server

• 1. Re: SMTP error
          TSGal

Martin Kvapil:

Thank you for your post.

Do you get the same issue when performed with FileMaker Pro?  If not, is FileMaker Pro and FileMaker Go both on the same Wi-Fi network?  Or, if you have to VPN into your FileMaker Pro network, do you still get the error?

Any other information you can provide may be helpful.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: SMTP error
            user21132

No FilemakerPro works just fine, Go and Pro are one the same network and there is no VPN involved. In my testes i noted that the SMTP FROM ENVID request from Pro and Go are a little different. So I think this is a bug that is due to the ENVID value in the request.

/kvapil

• 3. Re: SMTP error
              TSGal

Martin Kvapil:

Thank you for the additional information.  I have sent your information to our Development and Testing departments for review.  When I receive any feedback, I will let you know.

TSGal
              FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: SMTP error
                TSGal

Martin Kvapil:

Our testers are unable to replicate the issue.  They would like to know if this worked in a previous release and now stopped working?  If so, they would like to get a copy of your database file to test.  Check your Inbox at the top of this page for instructions where to send the file.

TSGal
                FileMaker, Inc.

• 5. Re: SMTP error
                  user21132

yes this worked in earlier versions. I think it is specifik to mail servers that are strict in the rfc. That said id love to get this issue loved.

Database is on the way.

/martin

• 6. Re: SMTP error
                    TSGal

Martin Kvapil:

I have not received your database file to test.  Is this still an issue?

TSGal
                    FileMaker, Inc.