Thank you for your post.
I am unable to replicate the problem. If I open the Snapshot Link file (.fpsl) using TextEdit (Mac) or Notepad (Windows), I specifically see the DNS path; not the iP Address. Can you provide more information about the server?
I will second that problem. I have a client's remote server that runs a script that creates and emails a Snapshot link meant for external use. When I use the Snapshot I receive in an email, it does not work. When I login to the server with FM 12 client remotely and run the same script the server ran to create the eMail with Snapshot link attached, the script emails me the Snapshot and it works perfectly remotely.
I used a text editor to compare two Snapshot files and the server created version is using an internal IP address. The Snapshot created when I connect in remotely is showing a public IP address.
There either needs to be some script enhancement to allow the developer to select the IP Address or domain name to be used in the snapshot file or developers are going to have to use 3rd party extentensions to edit the Snapshot text (if possible).
In an effort to find away around this issue, I created a calculation that mirrored what was in the good Snapshot file created by FileMaker. Though there was an extension naming issue for the file, when I manually changed the .txt to .fmpsl the file gets the proper icon on my desktop but when I run it, I am warned it was not created with FileMaker and won't run. A text editor comparing the two files said they were exactly the same.