1 2 3 Previous Next 64 Replies Latest reply on Aug 13, 2010 12:42 PM by TSGal

Snow Leopard 10.6, FileMaker Pro 10 randomly won't open, trashing preferences fixes problem

theIDIOT

Summary

Snow Leopard 10.6, FileMaker Pro 10 randomly won't open, trashing preferences fixes problem

Description of the issue

FileMaker Product(s) involvedFileMaker Pro 10.0.3 (and 10.0.1)FileMaker Pro Advanced Server 10 (does not seem effected by nor cause of problem)  Operating System(s) involvedMac OS 10.6.1 (Snow Leopard) clients and 10.5 server w/ network accounts, 10+ users, 8 newer iMacs.Detailed description of the issueFileMaker Pro 10 will randomly not open for client computers. So far FileMaker has never crashed while open, it just will not open on random occasions. Icon won't bounce when opening, no indication of the application running. I can trash the users preferences and they can then open FileMaker and continue to work, but it will eventually happen again. This is really frustrating and I cannot find anyone else having this specific problem. I have even left the preferences alone (use to have a saved Favorite Host, but built a custom database that just opens the remote database). So there is now NO custom settings. Please help or suggest if you can. Exact steps to reproduce the issueNone, very very random.Exact text of any error message(s) that appearedNo error messages.Any additional configuration information/troubleshooting that is relevant to the issueFresh install of Snow Leopard (10.6.1) and FileMaker Pro 10.0.1, then upgrade to FileMaker Pro 10.0.3.Any workarounds that you have foundTashing the username/Library/Preferences/FileMaker Preferences folder fixes the problem, but it eventually comes back. More frequent for some users then others, but all seem effected.

1 2 3 Previous Next