2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 19, 2011 5:33 AM by EduPugliese

    Solution works fine in previous FM versions. In FM11 is VERY SLOW

    EduardoPugliese

      Summary

      Solution works fine in previous FM versions. In FM11 is VERY SLOW

      Product

      FileMaker Pro

      Version

      FileMaker 11

      Operating system version

      OSX 10.6.5

      Description of the issue

      I've been a FileMaker developer for more than 15 years. Been developing my last solution for 7+ years without any important problems. Works fine with versions 8, 8.5, 9 & 10. But I cannot migrate it to FM11 because, although it works faster moving between layouts and records, when updating the portal where are the main line items, it lasts almost 35+ seconds to update, while in previous versions it updates in less than one second!! The line items database contains several summary and calculation fields. There are many relationships in my main database, although I access it through another browser database. I indexed most fields to speed-up..
      Trying to identify where the problem may be, I deleted many relationships, and summary fields concerning the line items database. And as long as I began doing this, the updates went faster. But I cannot change everything I've programmed!! I noticed that, when making a change, when coming back it seemed to work, but, when relaunching the solution everything went wrong again.

      Steps to reproduce the problem

      Run solution into FileMaker 11. Input new line item in portal. Wait for 35+seconds to update record (or commit portal)

      Expected result

      Supposed to have a better performance in FM11 than in previous versions.

      Actual result

      User has to wait almost 40 seconds to continue working instead of 1 second.

      Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

      There's no error message. After waiting the long period, the database shows everything in order.

      Configuration information

      There's no special configuration to recreate the problem. It happened with several computers, and several versions of OSX.

      Workaround

      Trying to identify where the problem may be, I deleted many relationships, and summary fields concerning the line items database. And as long as I began doing this, the updates went faster. But I cannot change everything I've programmed!! I noticed that, when making a change, when coming back it seemed to work, but, when relaunching the solution everything went wrong again. I'm uploading a picture of my solution, where you can see the bottom portal where my problem reveals.

      Screen_shot_2011-01-15_at_23.27.17.png