1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 19, 2012 10:56 AM by john_wolff

Sometimes served files on FMS 12 are "Paused" and fail to open beyond the first screen

john_wolff

Summary

Sometimes served files on FMS 12 are "Paused" and fail to open beyond the first screen

Product

FileMaker Server

Version

FMS 12 with update 2 applied

Operating system version

OX X 10.8 on a MacPro 4,1 Quad core with 4GB RAM and a 240GB SSD for the OS and FMS.

Description of the issue

I attempt to open the served file, the first layout shows on screen with the cursor showing the unique pointer icon but nothing further happens. The Opening script has not run.

If I look at the databases from the admin console I see that they are "Paused". Touching the mouse or pressing the keyboard (typically the space bar) immediately changes the status of all served files to Normal and the Opening script of a file on the client workstation proceeds as expected.

Is this possibly a consequence of my having a series of Shell Scripts to copy the latest hourly backup to another hard drive on the server?

The issue most often occurs when the first file is opened each day. Thereafter the issue is not seen.

Expected result

File should Open.

Actual result

Opening script does not proceed.

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

No message appears. Filemaker 12 app is unresponsive.

Configuration information

The MacPro has an Apple Raid card installed. The Backup drives (2 x 640 GB) are configured as RAID 1. The Raid Card has a weak battery which prompts the RAID Utility to Open on rebooting but is otherwise working as expected.

Java 7 is installed but OS updates (8.1 & 8.2) have not been installed for fear of getting an incompatible  Java that disables the Admin Console.

Workaround

Vist the FMServer's Admin Console to relieve the Paused Status of served files.