Summary

SQL Query Builder import Oracle tables visible but no columns

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

Windows 7

Description of the issue

FM can connect correctly to Oracle database, because I can see some of tables but not all of them. Still there is nothing useful to be done, because I can't see any columns in none of visible tables.

Steps to reproduce the problem

Import from datasource

sql_query_build.jpg

• 1. Re: SQL Query Builder import Oracle tables visible but no columns

Jukka Vuorinen:

Thanks for posting!

To confirm, even after you click on one of the tables, the columns don't display on the right?

I believe Excel has a similar tool to the FileMaker Query Builder. Let's try this same connection there and see if the columns come through ok.

TSBear
          FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: SQL Query Builder import Oracle tables visible but no columns
            JukkaVuorinen

Hi. Nice to see there is somebody.

Correct no change if i try to click it.

When making similar connection to database via Excel it shows columns.

Maybe it is somekind of definition problem ti get information from database. Anyway with same computer I can get data with Excel or Crystal Reports.

Database tables that are now visible are (not quite if I use correct term) so called public tables used by Oracle.

Here is an beginning of an example of SQL-query: database is here called as "haloo"

haloo SELECT "ASIAKAS"."LY", "ASIAKAS"."LASKUTUSYRITYS", "ASIAKAS"."LASKUTUSOSOITE", "ASIAKAS"."LASKUTUS_POSTINO", "ASIAKAS"."LASKUTUS_PAIKKA", "LASKU"."ASIAKAS_NO", "LASKU"."TYO_NO", "LASKU"."LASKU_NO", "LASKU"."LASKU_PVM", "LASKU"."LASKU_KIRJAAJA", "LASKU"."TOIM_VIIKKO", "LASKU"."TOIM_TAPA", "LASKU"."PAKKAUS_HINTA", "LASKU"."TOIM_HINTA", "LASKU"."KOKONAIS_HINTA", "LASKU"."VEROTON_HINTA", "LASKU"."KOK_TILAUS_NO", "LASKU"."LVV", "LASKU"."LVV_VERO", "LASKU"."TOIM_PVM", "LASKU"."LISATIETOA", 

• 3. Re: SQL Query Builder import Oracle tables visible but no columns

Jukka Vuorinen:

Let's test this using FileMaker on a different machine entirely.

Also, if you haven't already, it would also be a good idea to test in a brand new database as well.

TSBear
              FileMaker, Inc. 

• 4. Re: SQL Query Builder import Oracle tables visible but no columns
                JukkaVuorinen

Well,

I don't totally realize what would change with other machine. I should anyway use same database and same drivers and same methods for connecting to database.

If FM is able to at all see the database and it's tables, so what happens when it is not able to see the rest of the data. 

I think that there is something weird with FM inside.