2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 22, 2009 7:28 AM by vanwijk

start problems filemaker pro advanced version 9.03 on vista

vanwijk

Summary

start problems filemaker pro advanced version 9.03 on vista

Description of the issue

Hello, I am having problems starting filemaker pro advanced V9.03 on vista. I'am getting the following message from vista: FileMaker Pro Advanced has stopped working, a problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available. The windows log-file give the following message: Faulting application FileMaker Pro Advanced.exe, version 9.0.3.300, time stamp 0x472bceca, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 6.0.6001.18000, time stamp 0x4791a7a6, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x00043387, process id 0x1e50, application start time 0x01c97bcae32c0500. Does anyone have a solution or suggestion? Greetings, André van Wijk

• 1. Re: start problems filemaker pro advanced version 9.03 on vista
          TSGal

André:

Thank you for your post.

First, I edited your message and removed your personalemail address.  We take privacy very seriously, and since this is a public forum, we don't want rogue users capturing your information and have you later receive "spam" email messages.

Now, to the problem on hand...

I 'm not sure what is causing the problem.  Is this a new machine?  Or, was FileMaker Pro running previously before Vista was installed?

If the latter, uninstall and reinstall FileMaker Pro.

If this is a new installation of FileMaker Pro, try running "msconfig", click on Services, and check "Hide All Microsoft Services".  Disable all, close and reboot the machine.  Start FileMaker Pro and see if the problem persists.

Do you also have access to another machine?  Have you tried launching from that machine?

Any other information you can provide will help narrow the possibilities.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: start problems filemaker pro advanced version 9.03 on vista
            vanwijk

Hello,

Thanks, the suggestion of msconfig and services put me on the right track. When I disabled all non microsoft services, filemaker pro worked. We are using f-secure as an anti-virus solution. When I disabled some functionality of f-secure then filemaker pro works. Somehow f-secure interacts with filemaker pro.

But for the moment I can run filemaker pro.

Thanks very much!

André