9 Replies Latest reply on Jun 28, 2012 3:46 PM by philmodjunk

Status Bar

JeremyGarman

Summary

Status Bar

Description of the issue

In very specific situations the status bar does not go away leaving the unusable image of a status bar accross my layouts. I can replicate this in a brand new test file. The second time you go to the layout large text is halfway hidden.  FileMaker Pro Advanced 11Windows XP SP3

• 1. Re: Status Bar
          philmodjunk

I haven't encountered that on my system, but maybe I haven't tripped one of the "very specific situations".

Have you had any luck in identifying those situations? (That would help others who want to replicate this.)

• 2. Re: Status Bar
            JeremyGarman

I'm not sure more than that my test file linked to above creates the bug. Perhaps adjust/maximize window followed by showing the status bar?

• 3. Re: Status Bar
              JeremyGarman

I did some narrowing it happens the second time I call the following script in a situation where the the window is already maximized the second time AdjustWindow [Maximize] is called.

Adjust Window [Maximize]

Go to Layout ["test"]

Show/Hide Status Area [Hide]

or

Adjust Window[Maximize]

Go to Layout ["test"]

I can't replicate it by duplicating it the script steps within a single script so their is some interaction with the refreshing of a window that happens when a script terminates.

• 4. Re: Status Bar
                TSGal

Jeremy Garman:

Thank you for your post.

I can definitely replicate the problem.  Maximizing any window and turning off the Status Toolbar from the View menu also produces the same result.  I only tested this on Windows XP, but I'm quite sure this also occurs on Vista and Windows 7.  This does not occur with the Mac version.

I have forwarded your post along with my findings to our Development and Software Quality Assurance (Testing) departments for review and confirmation.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 5. Re: Status Bar
                  philmodjunk

Jeremy,

That explains it part way. I was attempting to replicate this with manual changes instead of a script.

TSGal,

You seem to indicate that you replicated this by turning off the tool bar from the view menu. I've just tried every combination I can think of for manually maximizing/unmaximizing hiding/revealing the tool bar--including selecting this option from the view menu and still can't replicate this bug.

Using Windows XP, SP3, Filemaker 11 Adv.

• 6. Re: Status Bar
                    TSGal

PhilModJunk:

Using what "Jeremy Garman" posted, here are my findings.

First, I created the following script:

Adjust Window [Maximize]

When I run this script, I see the Status Bar image is still there but inaccessible.  I then pulled down the View menu and turned on "Status Toolbar..."   Since the Status Toolbar is now showing, I pulled down the View menu and turned off "Status Toolbar...".  The ghost image remained.  To pursue this further, I removed the second line of the script so now it just displays:

Adjust Window [Maximize]

I manually changed the Window to a smaller size, turned on Status Toolbar, and everything looks fine.  I run the script.  The Window is now maximized.  I pull down the View menu and uncheck "Status Toolbar".  The ghost image appears.

Let me know if you encounter the same thing.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 7. Re: Status Bar
                      philmodjunk

I can confirm and can post a simple work around

If you reverse the order of the steps,

Adjust Window [Maximize]

It works correctly.

I was concerned about this as I have several systems that automatically maximize the window and hide the status area during startup. These haven't shown this issue. Examining the scripts reveal that the steps execute in the above order and thus dodged this particular bullet.

• 8. Re: Status Bar
                        JeremyGarman

I can confirm that too, but I wanted FMI to be aware of the bug.

• 9. Re: Status Bar
                          philmodjunk

This issue appears fixed in FileMaker 12.