Status Bar Changes Don't Stick
Customizing the status bar (i.e. removing buttons, removing QuickFind) does not work if the customized bar's window is not the last one closed.
1) Open fileA and fileB
2) Remove Sort button from fileA
Note: fileB still has the sort button
3) Close fileA
4) Close fileB
5) Open fileA and fileB
Result: Sort button is still there.
1) A status bar change should be carried over to all open windows (hidden or not)
2) An explicit status bar change should be retained and stored regardless of whether or not other windows are open
1) Status bar change only effects current window
2) Status bar change is lost if the effected window is not the last one closed.
Open a single file with a single window and be sure it does not reference any other files that might be automatically opened in the background.
Thank you for your post.
I can replicate the problem on my Windows XP SP3 machine. However, this works as expected on Mac OS X 10.5.8 and 10.6.5.
I have sent your post along with my findings to our Development and Software Quality Assurance (Testing) departments for review and confirmation. I will keep you updated as information becomes available to me.