Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Advanced 11.0v2

Operating system version

Mac OS X 10.6.6

Description of the issue

Very sporadic, but there are a couple scenarios that I have seen:
      1).  When I click Previous or Next Record in the Status Toolbar, the record changes, but the Current Record Number in the Status Toolbar does not.
      2).  When I use the Record Selector slider in the Status Toolbar, the record does not change, but the Current Record Number in the Status Toolbar does.

Workaround

Closing the window is the only way I've found to clear the problem, albeit temporarily.

• 1. Re: Status Toolbar Doesn't Show Current Record Number Correctly
          philmodjunk

Do you see this in one specific file, or if you create a simple test file from scratch do you get the same behavior in the test file?

If other files do not show this same behavior, then some issue with that file is involved. You might try recovering the file to see if the recovered file shows the same behavior. If recover reports a problem with your file or the recovered file appears to work correctly, best practice is to replace your file with an undamaged back up copy if this is at all possible.

• 2. Re: Status Toolbar Doesn't Show Current Record Number Correctly
            MarkBrinkman

I use other databases infrequently enough that it's hard to say for sure.  A Recovery reported no problems found.  I should add that the database is hosted on FileMaker Server 10 running on an Xserve G5.  Two other users have said they haven't noticed the problem, but they also use it much less than I and the occurrence is sporadic.

• 3. Re: Status Toolbar Doesn't Show Current Record Number Correctly
              TSGal

Mark Brinkman:

Thank you for your posts, and I apologize for the late reply.

I cannot replicate the problem with FileMaker Pro Advanced 11.0v3 and Mac OS X 10.6.6 accessing a hosted FileMaker Server 10 file.  How many records do you have in your database file?  Are you accessing records within a Found set?  Are you paused within a script?  Anything you can provide to help me replicate this problem would be appreciated.

The next time this occurs, write down what you were doing just prior to all this may provide a clue.

TSGal
              FileMaker, Inc.