3 Replies Latest reply on May 28, 2010 2:47 PM by TSGal

Sub-menus in FileMaker application menu

DukeS_1

Summary

Sub-menus in FileMaker application menu

Description of the issue

FileMaker Product(s) involved:FileMaker Pro 11, FileMaker Pro 11 AdvancedOperating System(s) involved:Mac 10.6.3Detailed description of the issue: Using custom menus that includes sub-menus in FileMaker Pro application menu does not display sub-menu.Exact steps to reproduce the issue:1.  Create a database2.  Create custom menu and in Filemaker Pro menu add some sub-menu3.  Choose custom menu and there is no arrow for sub-menuExpected Result:Sub-menu options should be visible to choose from.Actual Result: There is no arrow to expand sub-menu.

• 1. Re: Sub-menus in FileMaker application menu
          TSGal

DukeS:

Thank you for your post.

Using FileMaker Pro 11 Advanced on Mac OS X 10.6.3, I am unable to replicate the problem.  This is what I did:

1. I created a test file (Test.fp7).

2. I pulled down the Tools menu and selected "Custom Menus -> Manage Custom Menus..."

3. I double-clicked "Custom Menu Set 1"

4. I double-clicked on "View Copy"

5. In the bottom left corner, I clicked "Create"

6. For Menu Item Type, I selected "Submenu", and clicked "Specify..."

7. I chose "File Copy" (since this has more than one command)

8. I overrode the default Item Name and named it "SUB".

9. I clicked OK three times.

10. I pulled down the Tools menu and selected " Custom Menus -> Custom Menu Set 1"

11. I pulled down the View menu, and the "SUB" listing was there with an arrow.  Selecting it shows the entire File menu as expected.

Let me know what I'm doing differently than you, and I'll try to replicate the problem.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Sub-menus in FileMaker application menu
            DukeS_1

TSGal:

I do everything the same, only difference is that I tried to create submenu in FileMaker Application menu (the one that is named FileMaker Pro Advanced and which one I also would like to have an option to override title). Submenus work on rest of menus.

Please let me know if you need more information. I attached picture of problem.

Submenu problem

• 3. Re: Sub-menus in FileMaker application menu
              TSGal

DukeS:

Thanks for the clarification.

I can definitely reproduce the problem with FileMaker Pro 11.  This works correctly in FileMaker Pro 10.

Since there is no FileMaker Pro application menu in Windows, this does not apply.

I have forwarded your post along with my findings to our Development and Product Management departments for review and confirmation.  When I receive any news, I will let you know.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.