Thank you for your post.
Using FileMaker Pro 11 Advanced on Mac OS X 10.6.3, I am unable to replicate the problem. This is what I did:
1. I created a test file (Test.fp7).
2. I pulled down the Tools menu and selected "Custom Menus -> Manage Custom Menus..."
3. I double-clicked "Custom Menu Set 1"
4. I double-clicked on "View Copy"
5. In the bottom left corner, I clicked "Create"
6. For Menu Item Type, I selected "Submenu", and clicked "Specify..."
7. I chose "File Copy" (since this has more than one command)
8. I overrode the default Item Name and named it "SUB".
9. I clicked OK three times.
10. I pulled down the Tools menu and selected " Custom Menus -> Custom Menu Set 1"
11. I pulled down the View menu, and the "SUB" listing was there with an arrow. Selecting it shows the entire File menu as expected.
Let me know what I'm doing differently than you, and I'll try to replicate the problem.
I do everything the same, only difference is that I tried to create submenu in FileMaker Application menu (the one that is named FileMaker Pro Advanced and which one I also would like to have an option to override title). Submenus work on rest of menus.
Please let me know if you need more information. I attached picture of problem.
Thanks for the clarification.
I can definitely reproduce the problem with FileMaker Pro 11. This works correctly in FileMaker Pro 10.
Since there is no FileMaker Pro application menu in Windows, this does not apply.
I have forwarded your post along with my findings to our Development and Product Management departments for review and confirmation. When I receive any news, I will let you know.