Summary

Substitute (" " ; "") nor results

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

Win

Description of the issue

Substitute ($text ; [" " ; ""] ; [Char (13) ; ""] ; [Char (8) ; ""]  ; [Char (9); ""] ; [Char (10) ; ""])

I givin no result one one machines and the same FM file use on another Machine with also 13.3. Win is showing results.

The text can be any full source code of any complex webpage.

Same result with Char (32) instead of " " (blank psace)

Steps to reproduce the problem

Tested on another machines, exakt same file, other result.

Expected result

Normal Text without Char (x)

Actual result

No Text

Configuration information

Worked before I did an update, probably by mistake from 13.3. onto 13.3. (if possible, if not from 13.2 onto 13.3.)

• 1. Re: Substitute (" " ; "") nor results
          philmodjunk

It worked correctly for me.

How I tested it.

I created a brand new FMP 13 file in Windows 7 using FMP 13 Advanced 13.0v3. I defined a calculation field named "TextBlock" with text as the result type as a way to generate text with all of the above characters:

" " & "A" & Char (13)  & "B" & Char (8) & "C" & Char (9) & "D" & Char (10)

I then defined a second calculation field with a "text" result type:

Substitute (TextBlock ; [" " ; ""] ; [Char (13) ; ""] ; [Char (8) ; ""] ; [Char (9); ""] ; [Char (10) ; ""])

With all of the added characters stripped out by the substitute function, I should just get the letters ABCD and that was the result returned by the function.

I then returned to manage | Database and modified TextBlock by adding many more instances of the Char and quoted space characters plus the letter "Z" as the final character.

The resulting value: ABCDZ

This would be the exact value expected.

• 2. Re: Substitute (" " ; "") nor results
            firebase

At the end of my testings even the plain Substitute(" " ; "") was showing empty result when i used in on several texts taken from several webpages (source code). The same was working on another mashcines, same OS, Same FM Version 13.03

Yesterday i updated again my FM Advanced 13.03 using the 13.03 Updater and now everything work normal again (as it was before).