Subtle Relationship Creation Bug

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

11.0v3

Operating system version

OSX 10.6.7

Description of the issue

When I create a relationship between two tables by pulling key fields from one to the other to make the connections I get no relationship between records in the parent table and the child table that do in fact meet the criteria. The relationship I am creating is one that utilizes 4 key fields. 2 equals between number fields, 1 Greater than or equal between two date fields, and one less than or equal between two date fields. The date fields are obviously for date range functionality. The steps taken to create the relationship was to drag the number key fields from the parent table to the corresponding number field in the child table. Since these are = relationships that was the extent of the setup. For the Date relationships I initially linked the key fields by dragging but since they are not = relationships I had to double click on the relationship link and then change both =s to greater than and equal and less than and equal. The relationships did not work. I racked my brain trying to understand why. One of the things I tried was to build the relationship from within the detail window instead of dragging. IT WORKED! I then went back to the other ones I had made by dragging ( about 14 of them) and deleted the date links and remade them from the detail window "manually" and they worked. This is completely reproducible. If you wish I can send a sample

Screen_shot_2011-06-23_at_3.07.06_PM.png