sudden behavior change
Mac OS X 10.6.6
After seemingly hitting some bizarre command key combination the database behavior suddenly changed in annoying ways.
1. opening a database w/o logging in
2. closing one window leaves the others open
3. when deleting when a record a confirmation dialog window opens.
4. pasting text from browser keeps it style in tact
1. every database opened requires a login when it didn't before. I have lots of them connected from back in the days when they needed to be separate.
2. closing one database window closes them all (after which I have to open them all up again and answer all the login prompts).
3. deleting records is no longer confirmed.
4. all style is lost during a paste.
I've looked for configuration parameters that control these but can't find them.
I've looked in the forums for all three of these problems and can't find a resolution.
oops, there was one more thing I hadn't tried: rebooting.
Rebooting on a Mac is so seldom helpful that I didn't bother with it.
The situation was so frustrating that I just had to keep trying things and rebooting did the trick.
Thank you, self, for all the help!!!!