summary totals of portal fields don't SUM correctly
Operating system version
Description of the issue
I have a vehicle maintenance database that among other things keeps track of gas mileage. I have summary fields for GALLONS, COST and MILES and the COST summary field does correctly SUM the total of the cost of the gas for all the records, but the GALLONS and MILES, don't update , they show only the values from the first record.
Side issue, the COST summary field does not update until you REFRESH by clicking outside of the Fuel Mileage portal 2 times. Why ?
Steps to reproduce the problem
1. I wish I could upload the database, can I do this ??, it makes it more complicated to have you see and duplicate the issue just based on screenshots...
2. As per First.jpg, in the Fule Mileage Tab portal, I pick the Date, start and end odometer, number of GALLONS and the total COST I pay at the pump, calculations are made to calculate the MILES, and Price per Gallon, etc.
3. Do same for for the 2nd portal row, you will notice when you enter the DATE, start and end odometer, Gallons, then COST. The summary TOTAL COST , that is under the portal does not update until you click 2 times outside of the portal. But it does SUM correctly after the refresh.
4. However you will notice that the summary fields GALLONS and MILES only have the value of the FIRST portal row and never change or SUM the . Why ?
5. second.jpg shows my fields and how they are configured..
6. third.jpg shows the relationship occurences if it would help.
7. I would be willing to e-mail someone my database to easily see the problem.
1. Expect summary fields to update correctly with the summary TOTALS without me having to manually refresh the screen.
1. The MILES and GALLONS summary fields do not SUM, they only have the values of the FIRST portal record.
2. Must manually refresh the portal by clicking 2 times out of the portal to see the correct COST summary value.
Exact text of any error message(s) that appear
Odd, I can only upload 1 image file for this post, why not multiple ones. I guess I can only upload First.jpg... I can e-mail the relationship occurrence map and the database field defintions...