Summary

Syncing with Pro and Go

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

Mac OS X

Description of the issue

After spending AU$500 on Filemaker Pro and AU$100 for Filemaker Go (iPad & iPhone) I find out that there is no way to simply sync one database between 2 Macs, 4 iPhones and 2 iPads outside a Wi-Fi network.

The best you can do is a slow and painful method using iTunes' File Sharing, which is inconvenient as half the devices are located at a different location.

Steps to reproduce the problem

Create over the air syncing (Wi-Fi and 3G) for Filemaker Pro and Go.

Expected result

A quick and positive resolution to an annoying problem.

• 1. Re: Syncing with Pro and Go
          TSGal

Tom Milburn:

Thank you for your post.

At this time, FileMaker Go does not have any syncing options.

Instead of having each person run a separate copy of the database, have you tried connecting to the host file via 3g?  This would allow users to have all the information available real-time and all changes would be recorded immediately and all devices would have the information available to them immediately.

If you still need syncing capability, I suggest you enter this request into our Feature Requests web form at:

http://www.filemaker.com/company/contact/feature_request.html

The suggestions entered into this web form are read by our Development and Product Management departments where they discuss and consider these suggestions for inclusion in a future release.

Although I could easily copy your post and paste it into the web form, there are additional questions asked that only you can answer.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.