Summary

Tab Control Border Issue on Web

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

All - Web

Description of the issue

In FM 14, when using a tab control on the web the tab borders are not correct - the borders for top, right and bottom appear (as opposed to top, left, right). This only happens on the web - the client version works correctly.

I tried to set the borders manually in the Inspector but the border buttons are greyed out (and the control is not locked). I have tried creating a new tab control - same thing. I've used FileMaker Pro and FileMaker Pro Advanced - same in both. I've tried changing the border style (dashed, solid, dotted) and the line style changes as expected but the borders are still not right.

We didn't notice this in FM 13 so I think this might be a bug in FM 14. Ideas?

Steps to reproduce the problem

Create a tab control with a solid border.
      View on Client
      View on Web

Expected result

Borders on Client and Web should be on left, top and right of active tab.

Actual result

Borders on Web are on bottom, top and right of active tab.
      Client borders are correct

Tab_Borders_-_Web.PNG

• 1. Re: Tab Control Border Issue on Web
          TSGal

Mark Campbell:

Thank you for your post.

I am able to replicate the issue in WebDirect when hosted with either FileMaker Server 13.0v9 or FileMaker Server 14.0.2.  In essence, the border of the inactive state takes precedence over the left border of the active state.  Therefore, you will see a border on the leftmost tab, but not on tabs that follow on the right.  The only workaround is to set the inactive state border to the same as the active state, and change the inactive state fill to a different color.

I have sent your post along with my findings to our Development and Testing departments for review.  When I receive any feedback, I will let you know.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Tab Control Border Issue on Web
            philmodjunk

An entry in the Known Bugs List has been linked to this Issue Report. Any Comments/Questions/Suggested Corrections should be posted here or in a new thread. Please do not post such comments to the Known Bugs List thread.

• 3. Re: Tab Control Border Issue on Web
              TSGal

Mark Campbell:

Our testers are able to reproduce the issue, and it has been sent to Development for further review.

TSGal
              FileMaker, Inc.