Tab control tooltips show up across whole panel in FMP12

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

FMP 12.0v1

Operating system version

OS X 10.6.8

Description of the issue

This is hardly a huge problem, but it's a behavior change between 11 and 12, so I'd like to check whether it was intentional or not.

In FMP11, a tab panel with a tooltip will only show the tooltip when you hover over the tab itself (whether or not the tab is active).  Hovering over the main panel area below the tab will not show the tooltip.

In FMP12, the entire panel generates the tooltip, not just the clickable tab.

Expected result

I found it rather useful to describe my tabs with tooltips, but I didn't expect a stray cursor left hovering over empty space in the active panel to trigger that tab's tooltip.  According to the way I actually wish to use tooltips with tab panels (to describe the tabs), the tooltip should only show up for the clickable tab at top (as in FMP11).

Workaround

If you really want to disable the tooltip over the active panel the way it is now in FMP12, you can employ a calculated tooltip for each tab, whereby the tooltip only produces text when GetLayoutObjectAttribute ( tabName; "isFrontTabPanel" ) is false.  (Of course, "tabName" refers to the object name defined in the Inspector, so you'll have to name your tabs in the Inspector to do this.)