Tab editing

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

FM Pro 11 v03

Operating system version

Windows 7

Description of the issue

When I attempt to edit my tab order, I am unable to save the changes or even to escape from the layout screen without closing down FM altogether.
      "Filemaker pro 11; the missing manual, p. 324 instructs the user in step 3 to "Click OK in the 'Set Tab Order window'." There is no "Set Tab Order" window available when I am in the tab editing mode.

Steps to reproduce the problem

1. Switch from browse to layout mode
      2. Choose the Layout tab at the top of the screen
      3. Select "Set Tab Order" and see arrow outlines appear at each field.
      4. Make changes as needed to the numbers in the arrow outlines.
      5. Look around the screen -- there is no way to save the work, nor is there any way to leave the layout mode. I am locked out of all FM controls except for being able to close down FM entirely.

Expected result

I need to be able to control the tab function and cannot do so in this version of FM 11

Actual result

lockup within my application

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

no messages

Workaround

no woraround

• 1. Re: Tab editing

David Arnold:

Thanks for posting!

I was unable to replicate the behavior you described. I created a new database on a Windows 7 machine using FileMaker Pro 11v3 containing serveral fields. I then entered layout mode and went to Layouts -> Set Tab Order. Immediately, a small window pops up titled Set Tab Order with serveral options including an OK button which allows me to save the order I've set. 

Are you able to reproduce this issue in a new database? What about on a completely different machine?

TSBear

FileMaker, Inc.