Tab panel name shows previous name in layout mode

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

fm13.0v1

Operating system version

Mac 10.8.5

Description of the issue

I recently renamed a tab control from HTML Template to HTML - Browse mode now shows one name and Layout mode shows the other. See Screenshot.

Steps to reproduce the problem

I don't know exactly what I did to come to the situation, something like

Create a tab control with one or more panels.
      Look at it in browse mode
      Rename a tab control in Layout mode (I may have entered the name WITHOUT quotation marks)
      Look at it in browse mode
      Look at it in layout mode

Expected result

The name shown in Layout mode and Browse mode should be the same and the latest name.

Actual result

The name shown in Layout mode is different to in Browse mode.

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

-

Configuration information

-

Workaround

Renaming the control again seemed to clear the problem.

FMI_Bug_fmp13.0v1_Tab_panel_name_incoherence.png

• 1. Re: Tab panel name shows previous name in layout mode
          TSGal

MrWatson:

Thank you for your post.

I am unable to replicate the issue using FileMaker Pro 13.0v1 and FileMaker Pro 13.0v2 under Mac OS X 10.9.2 and Mac OS X 10.8.5.  I have labeled the tab controls exactly like your example.

In case your original Tab Control is damaged, go into Layout Mode, ensure the Inspector is showing, click the Position tab, click the Tab Control, and write down the measurements.

Next, create a new Tab Control somewhere to the right of the original tab panel with the same height and width.  Then, enter the same names for each of the tab panels.  See if the tab panel information looks correct.  If so, then copy the objects from the original tab panels into the new tab panels.  Go to Browse Mode to verify the objects are correct.  Finally, remove the original tab control, and set the position of the new tab control to the position of the original tab panel.

Keep me updated with any progress.

TSGal
               FileMaker, Inc.