Summary

Tabbed reports not showing up in WebDirect

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

WIndows

Description of the issue

I have created a new tabbed layout (see attachment).  The layout displays correctly from a client.  But when displayed in any browser the WebDirect only displays the top inch or so of the layout.

Steps to reproduce the problem

Created a single page layout.
      Create a 2 tab container
      Move the single page into the first table
      Create a new page for the second tab
      Publish to the server
      Display in WebDirect

Expected result

Display of first tab page layout

Actual result

Only the top inch of the form displays (aka most of the tabs)

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

none

Configuration information

FM Pro 13 Advanced

Workaround

None

Capture.PNG

• 1. Re: Tabbed reports not showing up in WebDirect
          TSGal

Greg DC:

Thank you for your post.

What kind of information is placed in the first tab?  How many fields?  How many objects?  Any portals?  Web Viewers?

If you create a new Layout that contains two tabs, and place some of the fields in the first tab, do they then appear in WebDirect?

What version of Windows are you using?  What browser and browser version are you using with WebDirect?  What is the operating system of where FileMaker Server 13 is installed?

Any other information you can provide may be helpful.

TSGal
               FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Tabbed reports not showing up in WebDirect
            gregdc

Please see attached for the fields and types of information that are on the tab.   Tab two is shortened version of Tab 1

I did create a new layout with two tabs, and then place the fields on it. What you see in the attachments is what I got.

The problem has been viewed on a wide range of browser versions and OS.   It show up the same way in each case.   As to the exact version of the OS of the server, since I am not part of the infrastructure team I do not know what OS they put on that Virtual Server.   We use Windows Server, Linux, and Unix.  

• 3. Re: Tabbed reports not showing up in WebDirect
              TSGal

Greg DC:

It would probably be easier for me if I could get a clone of your file.  That way, I don't have you going back and forth trying different measurements, subset of fields, subset of buttons, etc.  Please see your Inbox at the top of this page for instructions where to send the file.

TSGal
                   FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: Tabbed reports not showing up in WebDirect
                gregdc

This will be a little hard to do, TSGal.   Not that I can't clone the DB, but because I need to strip the Clone of all of its primary data because it contains confidential information that is not to go outside of our company.     

Would it be easier to just do a Bomgar or alike shared screen session tomorrow?

• 5. Re: Tabbed reports not showing up in WebDirect
                  philmodjunk

A clone is an option you choose with "save a copy as" and it creates a copy of your database with no records in any of the tables. Unless you have placed confidential info as layout text on a layout, that should work to provide TSGal with the needed file and yet not reveal any sensitive data.

• 6. Re: Tabbed reports not showing up in WebDirect
                    TSGal

Greg DC:

If the layouts contain some confidential information, then in addition, remove all layouts except the one that is causing the issue.  That should give me enough to work with.

TSGal
                         FileMaker, Inc.