Mac OS 10.5.8

Description of the issue

I have the following tables:
PROJECTS
NOTES

These tables are related via the following fields:
ProjectName
ProjectID

(I would normally use just the ProjectName, but the database I have to work with on this project uses both and that can not be changed)

There is a portal that pulls in all NOTES records, sorted by date, for their respective PROJECT.

Now, I wanted to create a separate layout for a client that only shows records from a certain date to the present.  Rather than mess with the original relationship, I created a table occurrence of the NOTES table and related it to the PROJECT table with the same relationship, but the results in the portal are not the same.  When I portal to the original NOTES table, everything works, but when portaled to the NOTES table occurrence I get a lot of duplicate records being pulled in.

I'm not very familiar with table occurrences, so maybe it's a simple thing I'm overlooking, but I don't understand why a table and a table occurrence when related in the same way would give different results in the same portal.

Please let me know if I can give more details to clarify my question.  I haven't even gotten to the point of trying to figure out how to pull in records from a certain date to the present (basically omitting the ones before), so any ideas on that would be helpful too.

Thanks!

Outcomes