4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 12, 2009 8:36 AM by TSGal

Table View scrolling bug

StellaLuna

Summary

Table View scrolling bug

Description of the issue

Table won’t allow drag to the left  FileMaker Product(s) involved:vs. 10 Operating System(s) involved:windows xp professional Detailed description of the issue:Have a table view with 12-15 fields on it.  It needs to be wide enough that you get the bottom scroll bar but not so wide that it hits the ‘table limit’ in size.  Drag fields from one location to another and it all works fine. Now scroll to the far right so your bottom scroll bar isn’t against the left edge.  Grab a field and drag to the left to place it at the beginning of the table.  It works.  Do it a few times and it suddenly stops working. Well, what it does, if you watch the bottom scroll bar, is it actually DOES move but very slowly and it doesn’t DISPLAY that it is moving.  You will notice (if you watch the field you are trying to scroll past) that it stays right there.  But when you finally release, it has jumped SEVERAL fields to the left.Exact steps to reproduce the issue:Already explainedExpected Result:It should display that it is scrolling left.  It appears to freeze but the bottom scroll actually moves to the left.  In prior versions, it worked properly – scrolling and displaying that it was scrolling.Actual Result:You cannot drag and drop columns and know where they will land.Exact text of any error message(s) that appeared:No error messages Any additional configuration information/troubleshooting that is relevant to the issue:I can create this break with several new files.  Any workarounds that you have found:None. This is NOT the same break as when there are too many fields (or size of fields) on table and it won't allow dragging at all.  Drag works but it breaks in displaying its movement when dragging left (many times).

• 1. Re: Table View scrolling bug
          StellaLuna
             I can provide a video clearly showing exactly how it breaks.  But I don't know what to do with the video.
          • 2. Re: Table View scrolling bug
            philmodjunk

I can reproduce this dragging table fields to the left or right on my XP system.

With regards to posting videos/pictures, I agree being unable to directly upload such files is a serious limitation for this forum and have previously posted feedback asking FMP inc. to consider adding such a capability. Currently, you do have the option of uploading the video to a fileshare site and then posting a link to it here.

• 3. Re: Table View scrolling bug
              StellaLuna
                 Thank you for verifying, Phil.  Well, I won't post a video since you've been easily able to replicate using my instructions.  It was peculiar to see the field name (top left) stay the same while trying to drag left but watching the bottom scroll slowly shifting to the left.  And then letting go and having it jump wayyyyy to the left.  It is a strange bug that's for sure but I suppose there are no normal bugs. :manvery-happy:
              • 4. Re: Table View scrolling bug
                TSGal

Stella Luna:

Thank you for your posts.

Like PhilModJunk, I can also duplicate the problem.  This only occurs on Windows; not Mac OS.  Also, this occurs if you are moving fields from right to left, or from left to right.

I have forwarded this thread along with my findings to our Development and Software Quality Assurance (Testing) departments for review and confirmation.  When more information becomes available, I will let you know.

In the mean time, just be aware of this issue.  One workaround I found was to switch to Form View and back to Table View before moving the next field.

TSGal

Filemaker, Inc.