5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 10, 2009 3:54 AM by armen

table view: viewing sub-table contents

armen

Summary

table view: viewing sub-table contents

Description of the issue

hello, i have a form which has a sub form with more than 1 record. when i view the main form in table view, the sub form only displays the first record and not the remainder - is there a way i can get the table view to display all the sub-form contents? ThanksArmen.

• 1. Re: table view: viewing sub-table contents
          philmodjunk

Try using list view instead of table view. You'll probably have to move fields around and resize them etc, but you can get a list view that looks much like a table view, but now you can also have a scrolling portal in your layout as well.

If you choose this option, you will lose the ability to move and resize columns in browse mode, add and remove columns while in browse, and sort the records by clicking a column header.

If you can live with the loss of those features, list view should do the job.

• 2. Re: table view: viewing sub-table contents
            armen

hi there, i've played around with the list view but it's still only showing me the first record in my sub-form. I'd like to be able to view my search results like a spreadsheet. Is there no other way of doing this?

thanks

Armen.

• 3. Re: table view: viewing sub-table contents
              TSGal

armen:

Thank you for your posts.

In the Status Area, does it show the number of found records?  If so, what is the number?  If the value is more than 1, what is the current record position in the found set?

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 4. Re: table view: viewing sub-table contents
                philmodjunk

Your "subform" in Filemaker terminology is called a "Portal". You may need to research that term in filemaker's help system.

WHen you enter layout mode and double-click the portal, what settings do you see in the dialog that pops up? (In these settings you can specify how many related records are visible at one time and whether there is a scroll bar visible so that you can scroll through all related records--even if there are too many to be visible at one time.)

Have you checked the relationship and the values stored in the key fields to see if there are any issues there that might keep your portal from displaying the results you expect?

• 5. Re: table view: viewing sub-table contents
                  armen

hi guys, thanks very much for the feedback. managed to get it working as a record list and the portal is displaying more than 1 record. Thanks very much for your help.

Best

Armen.