Text does not "fit" the same when Enlarge Window Contents is selected

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

FM GO 13.0.4

Operating system version

Windows 7

Description of the issue

The "fit" of text within a layout text object (and I would guess other "containers" such as fields and buttons) changes when Enlarge Window Contents is selected--resulting in text wrapping to the next line differently.

This really can screw up a layout when the "fit" is tight and the break points where the text wraps need to be consistent in order to produce a "type set" appearance" in a block of text.

Steps to reproduce the problem

Enter enough layout text on a layout so that it wraps to a different line several times. Switch back and forth between having this preferences option selected and note how the text wraps differently.

Expected result

That the text would be larger with this preference selected, but would otherwise display identically.

Actual result

See uploaded screen shot.

Workaround

Looks like I'll have to carefully review multiple layouts in this project with the preference selected and not selected, then insert some returns where needed to "force" an early line break to get things to look the same or nearly so... (Ugh....)

EnlargeWindowContents_Bug.png

• 1. Re: Text does not "fit" the same when Enlarge Window Contents is selected
          TSGal

PhilModJunk:

Thank you for your post.

I am able to replicate the issue.  The issue also occurs if you zoom to 150%.

"Enlarge Window contents to improve readability" does not exist under Mac OS X, and zooming to 150% does not affect the output under Mac OS X, so this is a Windows only issue.

I have sent your post along with my findings to our Development and Testing departments for review.  When I receive any feedback, I will let you know.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.