Summary

Text field data edit

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

Mac OS X 10.6

Description of the issue

Some text fields don't allow me to place the cursor where I click. Some text fields show the cursor at the end of the data. Some text fields don't even show the cursor. The inconsistency is incredibly frustrating. I have tried a 'Recovery' effort but to no avail.
      My Filemaker Pro 9 never had this issue.
      I have gone through all the Inspector options to try and find the inconsistency - no luck.
      One problem I have had is to do with security as it asks me to sign in using an admin user name and password. But I never set that up in the first place.

• 1. Re: Text field data edit
          philmodjunk

One problem I have had is to do with security as it asks me to sign in using an admin user name and password. But I never set that up in the first place.

There have been a few reports of this problem. In most cases, users can Open File Options, select Log in using and specify Admin as the account name and leave the password field blank. This is supposed to be the default setting for any file that does not have password access set up.

• 2. Re: Text field data edit
            GarthGulley

Thanks for that. What I have done is disable the log in requirement and enable the Guest account for full access. Not ideal but it works.