Text fields set to "slide up" will not slide when the text field is set to "align text center (vertically)"
Operating system version
Mac OS X 10.6.8
Description of the issue
There is a bug in FileMaker in regards to sliding objects. Text fields which are set to "align text center (vertically)" instead of "align text top" will NOT SLIDE UP, even if there is absolutely NO TEXT in those fields at all. You are forced to change the text field to "align text top" in order to get sliding to work. This is really affecting our ability to design a beautiful layout per our client's specifications... can you please fix ASAP? See screenshot below, and see steps to reproduce the problem below.
Steps to reproduce the problem
1. In layout mode, click on a text field.
2. Choose the menu command "Format>Align Text>Center (the Vertical option, not the horizontal option)".
3. Choose to slide that text field up based on "Objects only directly above" and "Also resize enclosing part".
4. Be sure to set a BORDER on the text field so you can keep an eye on it in preview mode.
5. Go into preview mode. Even if that text field is COMPLETELY EMPTY, it will not slide up at all.
6. If you change the field in layout mode to "align text top", it will suddenly slide properly in preview mode. We need it to slide properly no matter how the text is aligned.
The field should always slide up, especially if there is no text in the field.
The field does not slide.