Summary

Text line-break/wrapping issue

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

Mac 10.8.5

Description of the issue

I am using FM 13 Advanced to access my database that served on FM 12 Server (though I've test this with Server 13, same problem)

I've noticed that the text wrapping/line-break function is not working properly in 13 (fine in 12).  Yes, I have the "roman line-breaking" box checked. 

The error occurs when I am pulling data (via set field function)from Table 1 to Table 2 where the text box in Table 1 is a different size that the one in Table 2.

sreen_shot_wrap.png

• 1. Re: Text line-break/wrapping issue
          philmodjunk

Is it possible that this field extends past the right hand edge of the layout?

It should wrap to the next line and be the same in Filemaker 12 and 13 and I can't think of any other way that this would behave as shown...

• 2. Re: Text line-break/wrapping issue
            robyne

No, the field does not extend beyond the layout.  It does wrap properly if I type in the words manually but if it "import" the data from the parent table, then it does not work.  [works fine in FM 12]

• 3. Re: Text line-break/wrapping issue
              philmodjunk

Try this test:

Create a brand new layout.

Use the field tool (don't copy and paste from your first layout) to add the field shown to your layout.

Examine the text in this field.

Does it wrap correctly on this new layout?

Also, do you see this for all records where the text in a line exceeds the width of the field, just this one case, or just certain records?