Text overwrites field borders and scrollbars

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

FileMaker Pro Advanced 14

Operating system version

Windows 7 64-bit sp1

Description of the issue

The bug that I reported concerning a problem with FileMaker 12 has resurfaced again, in version 14. I remember that it took quite a while to get this into the hands of one of your programmers and that I had to go through you to get it to him.

The problem occurs in text fields, especially with scroll boxes. The field value overwrites the border of the field. If you activate the scroll bars and scroll up or down, the text furthest to the right becomes covered by the scroll bars and border. I am attaching two screenshots. Look at the field labeled “Message Preview” on the green tab, labeled “E-mail Boilerplate”.

This issue was remedied with a version 12 update and was not occurring in version 13.

Steps to reproduce the problem

1. Create a test field.
      2. Type text in it.

Expected result

Expect text to remain in the field and not overwrite the borders.

Actual result

Text overwrites borders.

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

None.

Configuration information

None.

Workaround

None.

BRF_FM14_SCREENSHOT_001_-_cropped.png

• 2. Re: Text overwrites field borders and scrollbars
          TSGal

Allegro:

Thank you for your posts.

In the previous issue, the object was corrupt, and a replacement of the field corrected the issue.  If you feel this is not the case, then send in a copy of the new file and I'll look at it.  Check your Inbox at the top of this page for instructions where to send the file.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 3. Re: Text overwrites field borders and scrollbars
            TSGal

Allegro:

I received your file.  Thank you.

I was able to see the issue immediately.  I then created a new layout using your Warm Blue theme, but I realized that your Warm Blue theme had been customized.  I then used the built-in Warm Blue theme, and the issue no longer exists.  Therefore, I duplicated your existing layout, changed to the built-in Warm Blue theme, and then made the necessary adjustments.

I have sent the file to our Technical Support contact, so you should receive the updated file shortly.  If you don't receive the file within one hour, please let me know, and I'll make sure the file is sent to you immediately.

TSGal
            FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: Text overwrites field borders and scrollbars
              TSGal

Allegro:

Development and Testing have looked at your file, and said this is the same issue as your original report from a year ago.  Development has said the issue is hard to narrow down because many copy/paste styles might have taken place before the issue occurred.  However, there is a resolution.  Do the following steps:

1. Copy a field with a scroll bar from the original built-in "Warm Blue" theme to your custom "Warm Blue" theme.

2. Select the good field, and choose "Save Changes to Current Style".

3. Save the change to the theme.

TSGal
              FileMaker, Inc.