Text value interpreted as number by error
Operating system version
Description of the issue
A text field and/or calculation of text that contains 9 or more digits will be interpreted as a number format when using a value list and popup menu.
Steps to reproduce the problem
1. New DB.
2. Create table A
3. Create a number field "idA" auto enter serial.
4. Create a text field "textA"
5. Create table B
6. Create a number field "idB" auto enter serial.
7. Create a number field "link_ID_A"
8. Create a value list "list_text_A", values from field : "table A"
- Value first field "idA"
- Also display value second field "textA"
- Include all values
- Show only from second field
9. Create a relationship between idA and link_ID_A
10. On the layout of Table B, select "link_ID_A" and make it a popup menu, values from "list_text_A".
11. In "table A" create a new record and enter in text field "textA" : 'test12345678'
12. In "table A" create a new record and enter in text field "textA" : 'test123456789'
13. In "table B" create a new record and select for number field "link_ID_A" : 'test12345678'
14. In "table B" create a new record and number field "link_ID_A" : 'test123456789'
Second record of "table B" to show the data as 'test123456789' just like the first record shows 'test12345678'
Will show a number representation of 'test123456789' in the form of an exponent.
Exact text of any error message(s) that appear
- NONE -
Tried with local and remote (Filemaker server 12) DB
Change the field type of "link_ID_A" to text